23. Surprise Attacks

{Twinleaf Town | Dawn's Home}

I yawned as Mum unlocked the door, tired from the journey back to Twinleaf Town

I yawned as Mum unlocked the door, tired from the journey back to Twinleaf Town. It was past midnight and after having Reggie's celebratory meal, we insisted on leaving Veilstone. I wanted to get home tonight so I could prepare for school. My head was buzzing, both of us were knackered and I wanted to curl up into bed.

After pushing open the door, and switching the light on, mum gasped and then grabbed my wrist, "Is anyone there?"

"What's going on?" I asked in confusion.

Lucario stepped out from behind me and motioned for us to let him go first.

"Someone's been looking for something,"

I clutched my bag, where my Pokédex was, and thanked Arceus Cyrus hadn't gotten his hands on it.

"Looks like they've been in every room." Mum sighed as she peered up the staircase.

"I'll check upstairs to see if it's clear. Get Char out."

I nodded and released Charmander, who stood in front of us baring his teeth to the room.

"Why would anyone do this?" Mum asked in confusion.

"I need to explain it from the start." I sighed.

I can't believe this had happened, now, of all times.

Stranger re-appeared and signalled that everything was okay.

"Let's clean up the rooms, I'll tell you once we're settled down." I called out as I ran up to the stairs, "Are you gonna be okay, or do you want Charmander?"

Mum laughed, "Don't be silly, I've got Glameow handy."

I nodded and walked into my room, groaning at the mess. My photos were scattered over the ground, drawers hanging open and my belongings thrust everywhere.

It made my personal space feel shattered.

"Will you guys help us clean up please? You both deserve a huge rest, I'm so sorry about this." I asked my Pokémon, and they immediately nodded supportively.

"Char can you do the living room? There wasn't much damage there. Stranger, could you can take the kitchen and bathroom?"

"Char!" He looked at me offended.

I giggled, "You're right, I don't trust you in the kitchen. But I'll give you a midnight snack soon."

"Char!" He began tumbling down, followed by Stranger, and I smiled to myself.

I was really lucky my Pokémon were such helpful sweethearts.

Looking back at the mess, I frowned. "Did this pervert expect to find a Pokédex with my bras?"