24. Bittersweet

{Sandgem Town}

I walked towards the school hesitantly, it was the day of the presentation and I was dreading it

I walked towards the school hesitantly, it was the day of the presentation and I was dreading it. Not because we were presenting, but because I was going to be standing next to her for so long.

I really couldn't take it much longer. I knew it was all about to erupt soon. If Dawn found out how I felt, it would be an unnecessary burden to her and she wouldn't treat me as casually.

I needed to cool off, stay away, and forget about how I felt. Once I got rid of the attraction, then it would all be okay.

That's what I kept telling myself.

My eyes dragged towards the sight of Ash and Misty holding hands, with Troublesome chatting beside them. They were lively as she balanced a folder in her arms and I groaned, they were more notes for the project.

Should I just go home?

I don't think I can face her without acting out. After yesterday, it felt as though my body would act on impulse. That wouldn't be fair to either of us.

I stopped walking as the decision hovered, should I go?

Troublesome had been looking so forward to this, especially keen on getting a good grade. We'd worked our asses off.

My vision was brought back to her and as she burst out laughing, I felt my stomach twinge.

I couldn't take it.

Turning back, I sighed. She's going to hate me for this, but that will be a good thing. I don't need her around me and once I'm refreshed, it will be normal again.

If I hurt her, she'll stay away.

~~•~•~~

{Changing Room 2 | Sandgem High School}