12. Norman

{Sandgem High School}

After Flint, our homeroom teacher, had discussed the details for next week's field trip, he finally let us out of the class

After Flint, our homeroom teacher, had discussed the details for next week's field trip, he finally let us out of the class. It was about time too, I was starving and we were meant to be out of here twenty minutes ago.

"June, shall we catch Pokémon on the first day and explore on the second?" Drew asked, coming over to me.

I twiddled my fingers as I felt the girls in our class glare, "It won't take the entire day to catch a Pokémon, will it?"

He smirked, "I don't know about you."

"Grasshole." I muttered, walking out of the building and over to Dawn and Misty, who were waiting for me.

We had abandoned our lovely apartment and, since it was a Friday, we were heading over to my place for a sleepover. I think both of them were more excited to meet my Dad, Norman, the Petalburg City gym leader. He was visiting us for a week.

"Finally, May." Misty grumbled as I caught up to them.

"Sorry," I chuckled, "you know how Flint loves to talk."

Dawn looked at us in embarrassment, "Can we get some food before we head to May's house? I didn't get lunch because of my class with Riley."

"Poor you." I patted her head sympathetically, "You were so sweet to change the after-school session to lunch so we could hang out."

Misty groaned in agreement, "I'm starving too, swimming is tiring."

"Well I'm always hungry, burgers?" I suggested, a new smile on my face.

~~•~•~~

{Eterna City | May's Home}

"May tells me that you battle using telepathy

"May tells me that you battle using telepathy." Norman approached me as I watched Misty and May play a video game, having stolen Max's console.

"She's sneaky." May called out.

I chuckled, "Riolu and I are still learning. Compared to rental Pokémon, having my own partner is more difficult.."

He nodded, "It's different battling with a Pokémon you've bonded to, you feel more responsible."