14. Beaches

{Route 213 | Beach}

If there's one thing I completely despised, it was the heat

If there's one thing I completely despised, it was the heat. I hated having to wear less clothes, feeling flustered, and the loud crowds of people.

A majority of students were chilling out at the nearby beach, considering most had caught Pokémon. Sadly, I was one of them. Troublesome had stubbornly declared that we needed to enjoy the rare heatwave, and promised to avoid any teachers who would ask about her second Pokémon.

As I walked down the path and into the sand, I scowled. In spite of the unbuttoned shirt I wore, it was boiling. The weather was scorching and I just wanted to be inside with some air conditioning.

"Aubergine!" Dawn called out, standing up from her seat, where she'd been talking to Ash.

As she made her way to me, I glared at her, noticing that some other guys were looking our way too.

In an attempt to compromise with the high temperature, Dawn had knotted the bottom of her white t-shirt. It was cropped up and exposed her flat stomach. What made it worse was that the neck of the top was stretched open.

As Dawn turned to wave at Misty and Ash, my eyes travelled to her shoulders, landing on her scar. Some people could notice that and ask unnecessary questions that would compromise her.

I rolled my eyes, then took off my shirt, placing it over her thin body. I could feel the heat latch to my skin now, and internally groaned.

She widened her eyes, her face becoming more flushed, "What's this for? My Paul wardrobe?"

"Your scar is on display." I murmured into her ear, and she flinched at the proximity, becoming more red.

Troublesome's eyes had fallen to my body, and I couldn't complain, because my dumb eyes were lurking back to her.

Dawn's hair was tied loosely in two bunches, making her look a little childish. She wasn't wearing any makeup, so her cheeks were flushed pink with small beads of sweat on her forehead. Her maturity returned with the curves, accentuated by her minimal clothing.

I couldn't blame them for staring.

Grabbing her small hand, I pulled her to a shadier spot as Riolu ran behind us, Charmander tracking his steps.

"I can't believe you made me come outside."

~~•~•~~

{Hotel Grand Lake | Pokémon Centre}