30. Displacement

{Resort Area | Villa 17}

Riley hadn't let me inside, but I wasn't even meant to be here

Riley hadn't let me inside, but I wasn't even meant to be here. What surprised me was the amount of officers surrounding the house. I had no idea that such an advanced organisation existed. The Elite Force.

Maybe Sinnoh did have some hope.

Flint, Volkner and Riley had all gone inside with Magmortar, Electavire, Aggron, Lucario and Stranger. They were followed by a few armed officers.

I was clenching my fists and praying for the best, hoping to Arceus that she would be okay.

Ash, Misty and Gary all thought I was being ridiculous when I shared my assumptions. It aggravated me to see them in doubt, especially with May and Drew participating in a Contest. All of them, apart from Leaf, were at Hearthome, cheering the two on.

Misty and Ash were too happy-go-lucky, believing in the best but pushing the problems away. Gary ran away from responsibilities. May and Drew believed me, yet had no choice but to participate in the Contest. Leaf was the only who I figured would be serious, but she hadn't replied to my messages.

"Paul!"

I looked up to see Stranger running towards me and my heart stopped at the limp body in his arms. Once he reached me, I knew for sure this was Dawn.

He gently passed her into my arms, saying "She needs a hospital!

I stared at Dawn's unconscious body in a daze. Thin was an understatement; she looked ready to snap. Her hair was tangled and messily tied into a ponytail, her lips were cracked and heavy dark circles lay under her eyes. There was a recent looking cut on her cheek, which looked swollen. She was dressed in a thin nightgown, with visible bruises on her arms.

"Paul, we need to get her medical help." Stranger reminded me, ushering me to a private medical van.

I blinked slowly, then nodded. "What about-"

"Riley will be there shortly. He said to call Johanna and have her go to the hospital."

As the driver made his way towards the closest hospital, Lucario and I sat in between her. A paramedic was standing over her but it all seemed like a blur. I stared out of the window in despair, not able to face her unconscious state. 

None of this was meant to happen.

Nothing.

No relationship.

No hardships.

No pain.

My mind knew that I shouldn't have fallen for Dawn, it was so obvious that all of these problems would arise. But my heart longed for her in a way that shocked me. I never knew I could have that capacity of love.