16. Investigations

{11:50 PM | Oreburgh City}

"What are we looking for?" Gary murmured as we roamed around the dark, industrial streets of Oreburgh city

I shrugged. "We'll play it cool until they act out at the Museum."

"Isn't that Paul?" He squinted, then pointed to our left.

I followed his gaze and my eyes fell upon the guy, walking beside Dawn; they looked like polar opposites.

As we walked towards them, I sighed, "It's natural they're here, they were the ones that witnessed it."

Reaching them, I saw Riolu tilting his head and look at me in confusion.

"You two are here?" Paul rolled his eyes.

Gary smirked, "We're interested in this mysterious organisation."

"Wanna team up?" Dawn suggested, "Four heads are better than two."

Paul looked hesitant and so was I, until I realised that Dawn was the only one who had heard their speech.

"Alright." I agreed, "Let's sit under those trees, tell us about what you heard."

After Dawn retold her conversation, I frowned, "What the hell are these people trying to do by reviving fossils?"

"They probably want to cause a commotion, there's not much else to gain." Paul stated gruffly.

"Apart from strong Pokémon." I raised my eyebrows.

"Am I the only one wondering why these guys are named after planets?" Dawn wondered aloud.

Gary nodded in agreement, "I was thinking the same. I'm guessing they're the sub-leaders. Any guesses on the leader?"

Dawn and Paul shared a look and I frowned "What?"

"I have a vague idea..." Dawn trailed off, and I realised she didn't trust us.

"Go on then." Gary eagerly pushed, and the blunette sighed in defeat.

"This bastard called Cyrus has connections with Troublesome's family." Paul eventually said.

I could tell the two of them were hesitant in sharing much else.

Before I could think of a reply, a blast of sirens went off and the four of us immediately sprung up; watching the lights inside the museum disappear. A murky fog began to loom from the building, resembling a gas from a poison Pokémon.

We slowly crept deeper into the trees to hide as we watched the scene unfold.

Dozens of people, who looked like clones, began running out like a faction of the army. They wore odd black and grey suits, with aqua coloured bobbed hair. A few of them were carrying bags, which probably contained fossils and important relics. After them, two more people began to walk in a more poised manner.