28. Traps

{Safari Zone Campsite | Pastoria City}

The Starly were chirping happily as the sun brightly shone for the new day, but it had an astonishing start

As Ash, Gary and I finished eating, Paul narrated how Dawn's body had been possessed by some sort of Pokémon. DeeDee was completely shaken and hugged Charmander as she listened.

"Well that's the most Paul's ever spoken." Leaf muttered.

Drew narrowed his eyes, "It's got to be a Ghost type, they're known for being mischievous."

"Speaking of Mischief...what about Mismagius?" Brock suggested, "It's known for things like hallucinations."

We looked between each other and I shuddered, "This is starting to get scary."

"How do I get it out of me?" Dawn's eyes were wide.

"If it's under someone's command, then it's at his power." Misty groaned.

"I doubt he's willing to let you go." Gary frowned.

"What about your Dex?" Ash asked, "Is it safe?"

"She's given it to me." Paul gestured to his bag.

Before anyone could reply, Misty released a loud scream and jumped behind Ash in fright, "Bugs!"

"Huh?" I mumbled, then looked upwards and leapt back as three Beedrill surrounded us.

All of our Poké Balls were in the tents, apart from Charmander, who bravely stood in front of us, beside Dawn.

"Fire Spin!"

The Beedrill took some damage, but only slightly, considering their number.

They retaliated with Pin Missiles as Dawn told Charmander to dodge them. He avoided a few of the stings, but as they came from all directions, some grazed him.

Wincing, Charmander released a growl and Brock called out, "Dawn! He can't battle all of them."

"Yes he can!" She shouted, "I believe in him."

DeeDee pulled him into her arms and raised him, "Fire Burst!"

She moved with him, causing the attack to repeatedly hit all three as they backed away.

The Beedrill were at a disadvantage now, they looked a lot more weak.

"Go! Bite on the right, then jump and Slash."

He followed command and managed to push off two, who fell down and were too weak to battle. The last one, however, jammed a Poison Sting into Charmander, who yowled in pain and fell back down to the ground.

"Char!" Dawn dropped beside him, "Oh no! Hang in there!" She anxiously stroked her poisoned Pokémon in worry.

My attention turned back to the last Beedrill, which was heading to Dawn.