27. Field Trips

{Twinleaf Town | Dawn's Home}

A couple of weeks had passed, and everything felt much calmer

A couple of weeks had passed, and everything felt much calmer. We'd all passed our exams thankfully, but unfortunately, none of my friends had won the Battle tournament. Leaf was the only one to make it through to the semi-final, but she was defeated by a trainer named Angie. Angie won the finals too, and chose to challenge Maylene; she'd won her first badge.

The weather had significantly warmed up, and were halfway through Summer. Soon, Fantina would be picking students for the next Contest.

Now, Paul and I were in my room as I collected the last few things before heading off to the field trip.

"Are you sure?" Paul asked me as I grabbed my bags.

I nodded as we walked downstairs, "I'll be at ease knowing Stranger is taking care of Mum. Plus, if anything happens to me, his aura will detect it."

"If something happens to you, I'll be here." He met my eyes and I blushed.

"Look at the two of them!" Mum beckoned Paul and I over to Char and Stranger, "Anyone would think it's for a year and not three days."

I giggled as Char hugged Stranger's legs, the two of them fondly saying goodbye. Stranger finally let go, and telepathically told Char something, who nodded determinedly.

I knelt down, "The coach is coming to pick us up, you'll see Stranger soon Char."

I put him back in his Poké Ball and placed it in my pocket. Stranger walked towards me and gave me a tight hug, "Stay safe Dawn."

"I will, thank you for staying with Mum."

He nodded, then looked at Paul, "Take good care of Dawn."

"I will." Paul replied as I moved to hug Mum.

"You have to make sure to eat enough, and go to that appointment tomorrow." I reminded her, "Don't let Cyrus anywhere near you, Lucario would stop him anyway."

"You just remember to have fun," She chuckled to me and then looked between Paul and I, "keep out of mischief."

"Mum!"

"I'm kidding, text me when you arrive, okay?"

I nodded as we heard the coach beep from outside.

"I'll take care of her." Paul bowed to my mum, taking our large duffel bags as I put my travel backpack on, and held onto Paul's.

"Bye!" I waved at Stranger and mum as we exited the house, then walked to the coach.

Brock, who was driving, helped Paul put the luggage into the back, before the two of us got in.

The coach was quite spacious, there were two-seat rows, each with a little table attached to the back. Everyone else was already there since Brock rented the coach in Jubilife, where accommodation was. Everyone was paired in their seats, but May and Drew sat behind each other. Nurse Joy gave us a small wave from the passenger seat she was in, beside Brock, and I grinned.