Chapter four

( Perspective of Jonathan )

I woke up to the vexatious sound of my phone's alarm. I pressed the "stop" button and saw that Liam was still sleep. He has an alarm set for thirty minutes after when I'd wake up, so we can avoid getting In each other's way.

I got dressed within twenty five minutes and decided to wake Liam up early.

"Liam... Liam."

I shook him and he cursed under his breath.

"Not on my balls you slut."

What kind of dream is he having?

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Liam!"

"Whaa."

He opened his gray eyes and moaned as he sat up. He glanced at me and smiled.

"Hey babe, woke me up early for some morning wood?"

"No, get up and get ready."

"You know, you could've let me sleep that last five minutes if you didn't want any wood."

"You're so dirty minded dude."

"And you're such a damn tease."

"Just get ready."

He laid his head back down.

"I'm sleeping for the last three minutes, every minute counts."

I pulled the covers off of him, revealing his hairless thighs and torso.

"Dude! I'm half nake.... oohh, I see what you're doing... I'm ready."

"I can't ever take you seriously."

"No one can."

"I know this Liam."

He smiled and puckered his lips at me, before getting up and pushing past me.

If we weren't close, I'd think that he flirts with me, but I know he's playing.
...

We both made our way out to my car and he slouched in his seat. The drive from the apartment to the college is at least ten minutes.

"Drive very slow, so I can nap."

"No, we're not going to be late this time."

"Just forget it, I'm going back to bed."

He started to try the handle to his door and I locked it.

"You ass."

"I need you in this class with me man, come on; other wise, I'd be placed with another table of people."

"Fine."
...

We reached the campus and hurriedly walked to our chemistry class, side by side. I had memories of how we used to walk side by side like this in high school. We used to get so many girls basically throwing themselves at us, but we're gay, so like... that didn't work out well for them.

We made it to our class and sat at our usual table. Liam put his head down after sitting, and he made an annoyed sound.

"I don't want to be here."

"Stop griping you child, this isn't high school,, you chose this."

He flipped me off without picking up his head to look at me.

A familiar group of guys walked by us and snorted.

"Look at the table of faggots."

I rolled my eyes and just ignored him, being that I'm immune to ignorance.

I can't say the same for Liam. He perked up and glared at the guy and his friends.

"I guess you didn't look in the mirror this morning, because you have stupid bitch written on your forehead. You should go fix that."

"You should fix how you talk to me you cock sucker. I'll fuck your pretty little face up."

Liam smirked.

"Nice word choice you closeted queer. Shut your insecure, unintelligent ass up before I show you what a cock sucker can do."

The people around us started to look on as the two talked trash to each other, and I was hating every second of it.

"Shut up before I have my guys beat the shit out of you and your butt buddy right here."

"Why don't you grow some balls and fight your own battles you coward. Having your minions fight your battles only shows how much of a punk you are."

The entire room started whispering and some laughed.

I prayed that the teacher would walk in and start the lesson before anything too bad happened.

"This isn't over you faggot."

"Oh please, like I'm scared of you and your entourage of butt kissers."

"Shut your ugly ass up."

"Life must be hard for the visually impaired, I'm sexy as hell... go sit your banal, ignorant ass down."

The guy and his friends reluctantly left without saying a word and sat down at their table, receiving funny looks from everyone. Liam was more than awake now, as he sat there breathing heavily.

"Liam, calm down."

"I'm fine."

"You're not."

I lowered my voice, and I put my hand on his back, trying to calm him down.

"Liam, don't let people like that bother you so much. You saw how hard it was for him to come up with comebacks; it's better not to waste your energy on people who can't even be creative."

He looked at me in my eyes and he smirked.

"You're such a dork."

He ruffled my hair and smiled.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. I understand what you said, but the guy deserved every word. And anyway, he can come at me all he wants; my sarcasm and wit won't ever fail me. I'll make him look stupid every time."

"Please though, just avoid him. You've embarrassed him... he's probably going to find any opportunity to corner you."

"I hope so."

I frowned at him.

...

The teacher came in and assigned us our assignment. The entire time, Liam seemed like he was in his own little world. He'd occasionally pinch me when I was holding something important though, which aggravated me. But seeing him smile and laugh would make up for it each time.

I love seeing my friend happy.
...

After class, Liam took his time with packing up and I already had my stuff ready to go. He glanced up at me as I stood over him, watching our surroundings.

"John, go ahead. I'll catch up."

"No."

He sighed.

"That guy isn't going to touch me, go."

"I won't leave you, deal with It."

He smirked as he stood with his bag over his shoulder.

"You love me don't you?"

"What?"

"You're so worried about me. It's so adorable."

"Stop."

"Yea, I love you too buddy," he chuckled, patting my shoulder.

I walked beside him as we walked to our classes. I kept a constant eye on our surroundings as we walked, making sure to stay alert for Liam's sake.

We didn't have our next class together, so we had to part ways. I was worried about him, being by himself like that. He really pissed off that guy today, I'm just hoping that he doesn't get jumped, or else I'll have to stab someone.