Chapter twenty six

( Perspective of Lucas )

I planned on taking John out to an amusement park, and then I'd take him to eat out somewhere. Then afterwards, we could have little walk around the park, before I take him back to my place to hang out and maybe watch our favorite shows or a movie.

"Where are we going first," John asked.

"It's all a surprise, you'll have to wait."

"I can't stand when you do that."

"Making you wait?"

I saw him blush, as I asked him that in a husky voice.

"Yea."

"It helps build anticipation."

"I don't like anticipation, I like to know things."

"Don't worry, I'm not taking you anywhere that you wouldn't like."

He smiled a little as he fixed his glasses; that was so adorable.

"This storm doesn't look like it'll hit anytime soon. I hope we can do everything before it hits," I said.

"Me too."
...

As I drove, John noticed the Ferris wheel from the amusement park we were going to.

"Wow, look how beautiful that thing is."

"The Ferris wheel," I asked as if I didn't know what he was looking at.

"Yea, the park doesn't seem that crowded either."

"Oh yea?"

I smirked as I drove into the driveway of the amusement park. I glanced over at John as he stared at me wide eyed.
...

As we walked through the amusement park, John seemed to light up.

"Where do you wanna..."

"lets go to that roller coaster over there!"

He grabbed me by my hand and pulled me over to the short line for the roller coaster.

As we stood in line, John stood there, vibrating next to me like a child on a sugar high. I almost forgot that he had on his glasses; I think he did too, so I took them off of his face and he stared at me.

"They'll fall off John, I'll hold them in my pocket."

He nodded and half smiled as the roller coaster stopped to let people off.

John sat next to me shaking. I don't think it was fear but more like excitement. When the roller coaster started, John made a weird excited sound that made me laugh. He tightly held onto the railing as we started to ascend and his other hand gripped my thigh as the roller coaster came to a stop at the top of the climb. The roller coaster darted forward and took us on a fast adventure.

I heard John screaming at the top of his lungs as he gripped onto the railing. He was fully smiling, almost as if the pain from his jaw was gone.

After the roller coaster came to a stop, John excitedly got out of the coaster car, and we made our way out of the line.

"That was so fun! I haven't been on a roller coaster in years. Oh my gosh."

I smiled as I handed John his glasses. He put them on and his eyes wondered to something behind me. He took my hand and dragged me into what looks like a gift shop.

He looked around and saw rabbit ears on a display. He grabbed them and put them on his head, looking at himself in the short mirror on the wall, adjusting his ears. He looked so adorable, and it made a long lasting smile appear on my face.