Chapter ten

( Perspective of Johnathan )

It was Friday and neither Liam or I had any classes. I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 6:30 in the morning. I was wide awake and I was caught up in my thoughts. I thought about Liam, as always.

I glanced over at his sleeping silhouette beside me and smiled. I often find myself thinking about him and how he's so crazy. He's so headstrong; he'd fight an army if he had the chance and I'd be right by his side. I can't imagine my life without my best friend and I know that he feels the same for me.

Lucas popped up into my head, and I noticed that we hadn't spoken ever since we met. I grabbed my phone and decided to text him.

( Perspective of Lucas )

I tossed and turned in my bed, not being able to sleep. I had to go to work soon and I wanted my last hour of sleep, but it looks like I'd just have to give it up. I laid still, looking up at the ceiling, thinking about what Josh had said yesterday. I had an overwhelming feeling that Josh is like... struggling with his sexuality... and I'm not helping it by making jokes and teasing him. I'll stop it and just give him time to figure it out.

He has a date with Cassandra on Sunday; I hope it goes well and he doesn't embarrass himself, because I'll have to be the one to listen to him beat himself up over it for the next few weeks. Speaking of dates, I have one tomorrow with John. The thought of him makes my cheeks warm; that's so weird. My phone vibrated on my night stand and I saw that it was John, funny.

"Hey."

"Hey John, what're you doing up so early?"

"Couldn't sleep."

"Me either, I can't go back to sleep."

"Haha, you looking forward to the date tomorrow?"

"Yea, I'm more than ready to see you again."

"Really?"

"Yea."

I imagined John's lips inches away from mine as I held him against a wall, cupping his cheek in my hand, feeling his body with my other.

"Well I'm excited also. I can't wait to get to know more about you."

I can't wait to give you soft kisses on your nipples.

"Yea, I'd love to get to know you better... dislikes and likes and all."
...

We talked for about twenty more minutes, and I found That he's so kind hearted, much like Josh. I started to get sleepy again and I had about forty minutes before I had to get up, so I closed my eyes, and eventually fell asleep.

When Josh and I were at work, he seemed kind of distant, like he didn't want to speak to anyone at all. This, of course, worried me, but I figured I'd just ask him about it in privacy. I'd occasionally glance over at him and he'd have this stone cold expression; I wanted so badly to just do something funny or say something to make him smile, but I didn't know what I could do.

When it was time for break, Josh just sat by himself on one of the benches and put his head in his lap. I decided to go and see what was wrong with him; I sat really close to him and put my arm around him. He flinched and jerked back. I decided to scoot over an inch or two and he didn't even glance my way.

"Josh...."

"Yea?"

"Are... are you feeling okay?"

"No."

"Was it something that I said yesterday?"

He didn't respond.