Chapter five

( Perspective of Johnathan )

After my class was over, I was free to go home for today. Of course I'd have to work, but I'd have a few hours before I had to go.

I impatiently waited by my car for Liam for more than twenty minutes.

He'd usually come around by ten minutes or less; consequently, I began to think the worst.

All of a sudden, I saw Liam calmly walking towards me, playing on his phone. I sighed a breath of relief, seeing him with no bruises or cuts or anything. He looked up and saw me staring at him.

"What," he snorted.

"Nothing."

He smiled and walked over to me, hitting me in my chest.

"What's up?"

"I was just worried about you, you got here a little late, and I was thinking that the guy you pissed off this morning had found you by yourself or something."

He smirked and chuckled.

"You worry too much. I told you before, the guy is a coward, and he won't hit me himself. He has to have his minions do his work for him," he snorted.

"Well, I'm just glad you're fine," I retorted, relieved.

"Dude, it's okay... I'm good. Let's go pick up something to eat and go home."
...

I drove us to McDonald's, and we ordered our food; we sat down at a table in the far back of the building.

Liam had a quarter-pounder combo, and I had a Big Mac combo. Liam sat in front of me and seemed deep in thought as he ate.

"What are you thinking about," I asked him.

"Huh?"

"You heard me," I grinned.

He smiled and looked away.

"Why?"

"I just want to know," I chuckled.

"If you must know, I'm thinking about what you said earlier."

"Really?"

"Yea, It's hard for me to control my anger though. I can't help what happens when people try my patience, especially when you're added to the equation. You're my brother; no one messes with you."

I smiled and playfully kicked him under the table.

"Don't do that again unless you want to fight," he joked.

"Me... fight you?"

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yea, you know I'd beat your ass."

"I doubt it."

"Bet," he laughed.

We had a staring contest, and he was giving me this stone cold expression. I blinked and watched as he smirked and sipped his drink.

"Mmhmm," was all he murmured.
...

I was brought out of my thoughts as my phone rang. I realized that I had just imagined that entire thing and noticed that Liam hadn't come back. I saw that it was Liam calling me and answered it, already making me way back to the class rooms.

"John?"

"Yea?"

I heard him sniff; he sounded like he was crying.

What the hell?

"Come to the restroom... the one near... near my math class."

He hung up before I could answer, and my heart dropped into my stomach.