Chapter twelve

( Perspective of Lucas )

As we walked into the restaurant, I thought about Liam. He looked quite nice; maybe he and Josh could get together.

We were greeted and sat down by a waitress and she asked us what we both wanted to drink.

"I'll take a coke," I said.

"Lemonade for me."

The waiter left and John and I were left to stare at each other. I stared into his beautiful brown eyes and just got lost in them. I saw him smile and blush as I just... stared like a weirdo.

"I'm sorry for staring... your eyes... they're just so... beautiful."

As corny as that sounded, I was being so serious.

"Thank you. I actually love your eyes as well, blue is my favorite color."

I smirked at him and he just blushed even more. He and Josh or so much alike, but John is more... John. He seemed a bit shy and didn't know what to talk about. Neither did I, so I tried my best.

"So, how do you like working at The Grill?"

"It's fine. I work with one of my good friends. She's always there to keep my spirits up."

"That's good... ya know, I work with my best friend as well; he and I are super close."

"That's cool, it's always nice to have someone close by your side."

The waitress came back with our drinks and asked us what we wanted to order. I ordered a hamburger and John ordered pasta.

"Alright, I'll have it out for you guys in a moment."

She left and John stared at the table.

I wish he'd look at me.

"I see you're shy."

He smiled as he looked at me.

"I'm not really shy."

"Really? You seem to be, but it's nothing bad... it's actually kind of cute."

He fiddled with his hands on the table and I smiled, taking that as a sign to touch him. I grabbed his hands and gently held them in mine.

"Is this okay?"

"Yea... it's okay."

I caressed his hands with mine.

( Perspective of Johnathan )

I'm freaking out right now. A really attractive guy is touching me.

Ahhhhhhhh.

I'm going to scream so loud and scare every damn table in this restaurant if he smirks at me again. I'm a sucker for blue eyes and every time I look into his, I have a mini orgasm.... not literally. I have no idea what to talk about on a date and I'm so embarrassing. I can't stop blushing and he's noticing it... look at that smile right now... he's enjoying every second of my misery.

"It's okay to look at me John."

I glanced up and saw him smiling.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize.... so anyway, do you work full time at the Grill or is it a part time thing?"

"It's sort of both... I'm in college, I have to work around my schedule and whatnot."

"Oh, that's... that sounds like a lot of work."

"Yea, it's something to consider."

"You don't seemed stressed, aren't you like freaking out about the job and the homework and the tests and things?"