Chapter ninteen

( Perspective of Josh )

"A few weeks ago, I was invited to a party by Kevin. Lucas, you were out of town that day. Anyway, Kevin invited me and I couldn't turn it down, because he was giving me that 'please come' look..."

"And you gave in because you're a softy and you can't say no."

I frowned at him.

"Plus, Kevin and I had been talking a for a while, so I didn't think he was too weird or crazy. But you know I'm not really much of a people's person, so I was going to be out of my comfort zone. I wanted to challenge myself and at least try to make an effort to be outgoing."

"Yea, I know how hard it is for you to be social. One time, this kid ran up to you and started pulling at your clothes. His mom came over and started a conversation as she tried to get her son, and you weren't much of a conversationalist. You basically told her to fuck off."

"I didn't."

"That facial expression would have scared me off too."

"I can't help that. Anyway, let me finish. He came and picked me up. I didn't know that he was gay at the time, but he'd playfully flirt with me... kind of like how you do but more subtle."

"I don't flirt with you, I tease you, and come to think of it, I do remember seeing the guy stare at you at work, but I never really thought about him actually liking you or anything," Lucas said.

"Yea, when we got to the party, he didn't leave my side, touching me and laughing at the things that I said; he was hard-core flirting. Throughout the next few weeks, he and I texted."

"How come I've never seen these text messages..."

"You're not my father man; I don't have to show you my messages."

"I might as well be, you're my responsibility to watch over. I don't care if you're grown... you can't get rid of me either."

That actually made me feel warm inside, but that smirk on his face as he said it made me want to smack him. Plus, I can handle myself.

"Anyway, today, he just... showed up, saying that he wanted to hang out. I let him in and we talked for a while before he sexually attacked me. I let it happen, being my passive self."

"You need to learn to be more assertive."

"I can't help that I'm not assertive."

"You can and I'll help you."

( Perspective of Lucas )

"How are you are going to help me?"

"Stand up."

"What?"

"Get your ass up."

He stood and glared at me. I pushed him back down.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Now get up and hit me back."

"I'm not going... to hit you."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not."