Chapter eleven

( Perspective of Lucas )

"Yea, that kiss was a little too intense for a straight guy."

"Shut up," Josh retorted.

"But come on, one kiss won't drastically change anything... you're just experimenting. This date with Cassandra is an experiment. This kiss was only something to help you figure this out some... and to teach you how to kiss."

"I know, but I liked it."

"I figured, that bulge in your pants... really not helping your case."

He glanced down and cursed.

"Oh my fucking..."

"Calm down."

"How am I supposed to do that? I just kissed my best friend and liked it," he screamed.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, I wasn't too keen on kissing you in the first place; I felt weird."

"Really?"

"Yea."

"Good, the last thing I need right now is for you to have a crush on me."

I chuckled.

"Eww never."

"Asshole."

"I'm just teasing you, gosh," I laughed.

He started blushing, which made me fall out laughing.

Staring at me as I laughed at him, he grabbed a pillow and started hitting me with it, accidentally tripping and falling into my arms.

He looked as pale as a ghost as he realized how we were positioned.

"Shit," he muttered.

I smirked and kissed him on his cheek, knowing what it would do to him.

"Asshole!"

He blushed even more and got as far away from me as possible, sitting on another couch.

I laughed so hard that my stomach started hurting.

"You're fun to mess with."

"Shut up."
...

After a while, everything got serious again.

"Just... find a way to kiss Cassandra. Compare that to our kiss and see which one you liked the most."

He nodded.

"If you find that you're one hundred percent gay, then I'll help you find a boyfriend."

"No, I don't want you giving me some random guy. Knowing you, you might get me some guy with a weird fetish."

"Why would I do that?"

"Just don't."

"What kind of person do you think I am?"

"Please."

"Alright, fine."

After a while, Josh and I changed the subject to work, and he and I shared a couple of laughs before he left.

( Perspective of Johnathan )

The next day, I woke up excited. The fact that I'm going on a date with Lucas tonight made me elated.

I got up early and started making Liam and I breakfast before he had to go to work.

I made some eggs and pancakes, the eggs fried, just like Liam likes them. Minutes later, I saw Liam walking out of the bedroom, dressed in his sonic uniform.

"Why are you always up so early," he asked tiredly.

"Why not?"

"You have work in like four hours, go back to sleep," he retorted

He walked over to me and rested his head on my shoulder, watching me cook.

"That for me?"

"It's for both of us."

"Dammit."

I smiled and patted his head.

"Go sit down... I'll fix your plate."

...

( Perspective of Lucas )

The day was coming to an end as I rushed home to take a shower.

Looking at myself in the mirror, checking for any weird bumps or dry lips, I looked all over my face and saw nothing that would distract John in a bad way.

Along with black jeans and a black and gray t-shirt, I had on my favorite dark brown leather jacket with dark brown boots.

I sent a text to John, letting him know that I'd be on my way to meet up at the restaurant.

( Perspective of John )

I was getting ready for my date when I received a text from Lucas, letting me know that he was on his way to the restaurant.

As I looked myself over in the mirror, I ran my hand over my hair and smiled at myself.

This was the first date I'd be on in years, and I was so excited.

Walking out of the bathroom, I ran into liam.

"Damn," he smirked looking at my appearance.

"Is it too much?"

"What? Shut up and relax, you look fine. Just don't come back with any diseases."

"Hush Liam."

He smiled at me and walked ahead of me.

He's going to be driving me to the restaurant so he can see Lucas; he said that he wanted to get a good look at him in case he had to track him down.

...

"This guy better not hurt you... I'll cut off his penis."

"Liam..."

"You won't be able to stop me either, I'll chop it right off."

I laughed as we pulled into the restaurant's parking lot.

I saw Lucas standing by his car, glancing around, probably looking for me.

"There he is."

"Where... that's him? Damn, he's fine as hell."

"Right?"

"Let me meet him, so he can see what he has to go up against if he hurts you."

"Fine, just don't scare him off."

We stepped out of the car and Lucas glanced over and smiled at me as we approached; he didn't once glance at Liam.

"Hey John."

He came over to me and gave me a gentle hug, letting me smell his fresh scent and feel his muscles in the process; I swallowed as I let go.

"Hey Lucas... this is Liam..."

"Hey, I'm his best fiend."

He shook Lucas's hand and glared at him.

"Nice to meet you Liam."

"Likewise."

Liam stood there for a moment, glancing around as if he were invisible. I made a coughing sound, and he looked at me with a pretend surprised expression.

"Oh, I guess I'll leave you two alone."

Liam smirked at me before walking back to the car. I glanced up at Lucas and saw him smiling at me, making my heart skip a beat for the hundredth time.

"Well, we should go in."

He placed his hand on my back and led me into the restaurant.