Chapter twenty

( Perspective of Jonathan)

Liam and I haven't been bothered much by Jack and we're kind of glad about it. During the classes that we share with him, he'd just glance over at us, but not say anything. He and his crew just simply walk past us without muttering so much as a peep.

The only thing that bothers me is that there's a chance that they're planning something, and it's making me paranoid.

Today, Liam and I walked side by side to our class and talked about him.

"Liam."

"Yea?"

"You think Jack is planning something?"

"Why would he be?"

"He hasn't said a word to us in forever."

"Maybe he hasn't said anything, because he's scared of catching a case."

"He didn't seem scared the first time he jumped you."

"Thanks for bringing that back up."

"I'm just saying, how come he hasn't threatened us? Why is he all of a sudden ignoring us?"

"Well, maybe he's realized that bullying us will get him no where, and that he's just an asshole and should focus on his asshole life... the asshole."

"You're making no sense."

"Aren't I?"

"I don't know, but..."

"Just drop it, it's fine."

"If you say so."

We sat in class and I watched as Jack walked in without even glancing our way.

Had Liam done something that I had no knowledge about?

I decided to stop worrying and turned my attention to Liam as he laughed.

"What's funny?"

"You."

I saw that he had my phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Reading your cringe-worthy conversations with Lucas. Lucas has the dirtiest mouth..."

I snatched my phone.

"Don't read those."

He smirked as he stared at me.
...

After class, we went home and got ready for work.

"Good luck at The Grill buddy."

I glanced up at Liam as he was seconds away from walking out of the front door.

"Thanks, don't threaten too many people at Sonic."

He smiled.

"No promises."

He shut the door and I decided to leave a few minutes after him.
...

When I made it to The Grill, I saw Cassandra walking towards the building; she turned around as I approached and smiled.

"Hey John!"

"Hey Cass."

Cassandra had been sick, and today was her first day back.

"It's been a while since I've seen that sexy face of yours."

She ran over and hugged me.

"Wow, you smell like... manly. Did Lucas stop by to visit you before you left?"