Chapter six

( Perspective of Lucas )

The day had gone by quicker than I expected, and I was more than excited leaving my job.

"Hey, Luke."

Josh came running after me as I walked to my car; he was out of breath. I stopped to watch him bend down to his knees and gasp for air.

"Hold... on," he said breathlessly.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I was thinking maybe we could... oh my gosh..."

I rolled my eyes and started to laugh at his exhaustion.

"My exhaustion isn't funny. Anyway, I was going to ask if you wanted to go to that bar together, the one you've been talking about."

"Sure."

"And afterwards, I can come over?"

"Uh, I don't see why not."

He beamed, and I didn't question him as we parted ways to get into our cars.

...

An hour later, he and I were in my car, driving to the bar.

"I don't usually drink, but I figured I'd drink with you tonight," he said abruptly.

"That's fine with me."

There was a pause.

"I can't wait for this date I have with Cassandra. I'm going to treat her like a queen when I pick her up."

"I hope you do. When you're out in public, remember that you're representing me."

I smirked at his amused expression.

"I'm representing myself and only myself. I just... I haven't been on a date in a while."

"We kind of went on one yesterday."

I chuckled as he began to blush.

"No... that wasn't a date. It was a night out with my best friend, my bro."

"Yea, I don't know any other 'bros' that would take each other out to a restaurant without it being a date."

He grunted.

"I just wanted to spend time with you."

"See," I grinned.

"What?"

I mimicked his voice, "'I just want to spend time with you.' You sound like a gay guy, and I would know obviously."

I was totally messing with him, but I didn't let it show.

"I'm not... I'm not gay man."

"Sure."

"I hate when you do this."

"Do what? Expose you for what you are," I joked.

"Shut up."

I laughed as he blushed even more.

"look, maybe tonight I'll show you how it's done. I might be gay, but I was straight once. I used to go on dates all the time."

"Yea, I remember that, before you told everyone you were gay that is," he pondered.

"Right."

I tried to cover up my sexuality with my ex girlfriends and pretended to be straight when I was in high school... that is, until I got tired of it.

"Maybe you could do a test run tonight, flirt with a few girls," I suggested.

"No, I'm... that isn't fair to Cassandra."