Chapter seventeen

( Perspective of Johnathan )

All of a sudden, the door bell rang, and Lucas shot up. He glanced at me as I sat up, and gave me an apologetic look.

"I think that's Josh; I had him watch my dogs for me for tonight."

"You have dogs?"

"Yea, I hope that isn't a problem."

"No... it isn't."

He smiled and kissed me on my cheek before he stood up from the couch and put his shirt back on, buttoning up only a few buttons.

"I think you should get dressed, so he won't barge in and see you... the way you are."

I got up and started to dress myself, putting my shirt back on and buttoning up my pants. I glanced up and saw Lucas staring at me as he stood by the door. He bit his lip as I finished and I couldn't contain my nervous chuckle. He winked at me just as the door bell rang again.

"Just... act natural."

Sure, he won't think anything is going on if I'm acting natural. I might be dressed, but with my red face and my most likely messy hair, Josh would be able to put two and two together.

( Perspective of Lucas )

You couldn't have given us ten more minutes Josh?

I glanced back at John before I touched the door nob, to see if he was decent. I opened the door and saw Josh standing there with my two dogs on the leash.

"Hey Josh, hey my little babies."

They were barking and jumping at my ankles.

"Thanks for watching them."

"No problem, what smells so good in there?"

"Some food I made earlier for my date."

I put emphasis on 'date' so he'd get the point and leave.

"Oh."

He glanced inside and waved at John as he was sitting on my couch. That's when I noticed how messy John's hair looked and how red his face was. He looked incredibly sexy sitting there like that, but his messed up clothes and hair was giving Josh too much of a hint to what we had just done.

"Alright, Thanks... I'll talk to you tomorrow."

He smirked at me.

"Yea, alright."

Before he left, he mouthed, "You freak."

"Go away."

He started laughing as he walked back to his car. I shut the door and glanced over at John as he sighed.

"That was close huh?"

My dogs ran over to John and started sniffing him.

"Yea," John retorted.

( Perspective of Johnathan )

Lucas dropped me off at my apartment and as I got out of his car, I glanced at the window and saw Liam sneaking and peeking through the blinds.

"Tonight was fun."

"Yea, I hope we can date again sometime soon."

"Definitely, my little munchkin."

He smirked at me as I smiled at him.

"Can I kiss you?"

The question made my heart jump.