Chapter nine

( Perspective of Johnathan)

The next day, neither one of us had school early, so we slept in. I woke up early anyway, being that I always wake up early when I'm not going any where. I just laid there with my eyes open, listening to Liam breath. I thought about the date that I would be going on with Lucas this Saturday.

I haven't been on a date In about a year and I don't exactly remember what is appropriate and what isn't.

Maybe I could ask Liam whenever he wakes up, he's been on more dates than me and probably knows more about it then I do.

All of a sudden, Liam shifted and reached from under the blanket to check his phone. The light from his phone was too bright, and it momentarily blinded him.

"Shit."

I silently chuckled and saw as he slowly rolled around to see me.

"Morning peanut," I whispered.

"What's up hoe, you're up early."

"As are you."

"I just woke up from a crazy dream."

He looked excited for a moment, and it made me want to hear what his dream was about.

"Well?"

"The dream... I was half naked... riding on a rocket in space."

"Sounds... nice."

"Yea, you were there."

"What was I doing?"

"Being you... just off in the corner, being all charitable and kind to the aliens," he smirked.

"I'm not always kind."

"Yes you are... you're like the kindest person I know."

"Maybe I should be mean."

"No, I'm the mean one, it wouldn't work."

"Understood.... hey, I never told you about me having a date on Saturday."

"Oh, a date huh? Who is the guy?"

I told him about how Lucas and how we met and everything leading up to this point.

"Ok, he sounds perfect for you... I hope he isn't just trying to fuck you and then leave."

"That's what Cass said."

"Cause she and I have the same mind set."

"I guess, anyway..."

"You're about to ask me about dating?"

"I was."

"The hell if I know."

"Oh..."

I smirked as he grinned at me, propping himself up on his palm.

...

When it was time for our classes, Liam seemed normal; he wasn't at all anxious like he was yesterday. I felt better seeing him not bothered and I wanted it to last all day.

When we got to the class, we saw Jack walking with his entourage in our direction.

"We can go the other way if you'd like," I asked.

"Nah, why would we do that?"

"Those bastards..."

"I don't see anyone worth turning around for."

He kept walking, but more confident. I walked right by his side and saw as Jack smirked at us.

"Hey bitches," Jack said.