Chapter two

( Perspective of Lucas )

I looked over at the clock and saw that I had about an hour before I had to go out, so I decided to drive around the town to further relax and take up time.
...

After a half an hour of driving, I went back home. Josh was always early when it came to picking me up to go somewhere, or just in general. As I pulled into my driveway, like expected, I saw Josh standing outside of his car, leaning on the door and waiting for me. I smirked as he gave me a relieved expression as I walked over towards him.

"Thought you skipped town to avoid me or something."

"Why would I do that to my best buddy?"

"I don't know, you'd do that type of thing."

"Right."

We stepped into the car and Josh turned on his car.

I avoided situations like this, having to come up with conversation to keep the awkward silence from making things weird. Luckily, Josh doesn't care about that type of thing, being used to me not talking much. If he ever spoke, I'd listen and that's when I'd talk, which happens more than I'd want.

"So..."

Oh my god, here he goes.

I smiled as I looked in his direction.

"Have you found a guy," he asked.

"A guy?"

"Yea, like someone you like."

"No, not yet."

"Really? You always stare off into space at work... I'm surprised you haven't lost a finger or something. Aren't you ever thinking about someone when you're like that?"

"No, not at all."

"Sarcasm?"

"No."

"Gosh, I can never tell with you. You say things so casually and I get so confused."

I saw him chuckling to himself, making me smile.

"I just haven't found him... not yet."

"Alright, I'll drop it then."

Thank you.

A few moments later

"Ya know..."

Oh my freakin...

"I don't like to pry into your personal life like that... I just... I was just really curious."

"Curious huh?"

He blushed.

"Yea..."

"Well it isn't you, if that's what you're thinking."

"I know... I'd rather us be friends anyway. And I'm not gay so that would be a problem to begin with," he said sure of himself.