{one}

Aria's POV 

Aria's POV 

As I sit in the bay window of the library, reading a book, I hear a knock on the big wooden door. It echoed throughout the large room making it louder than it really was.

"Yes?" I quietly ask, hoping whoever is behind the door can hear me. After a few seconds, the door cracks open and in walks Maid Sarah. She's holding a golden tray with a bowl of soup, a small loaf of bread, and a glass of water on top. Her eyes scan the room, trying to find me, when her eyes do find me bundled up on the bay window, a soft smile washes across her face.

"Princess Aria, it's past dinner. The King and Queen request you eat." She politely says, placing the tray on the table in center of the room. The royal library was very large with 18 feet tall walls that were lined with books, everything in the room had details of gold with oak furnishing everywhere, whenever you walked into the room, you felt warm and cozy. There was many different accents in the room such as the large fireplace and long oak table that sat in the center of the room, but one wall had a beautiful bay window that shows off the forest that I've gotten used to watching throughout my life. What I loved the most is what's beyond the royal border, from here on the 3rd floor I can see the beautiful ocean, tempting me everyday, I could barely make out any details from this distance but I just felt a urge to be in the water. I haven't left the castle grounds since I was 3, so I never got to go see the ocean, feel the sand, hear the waves crash, but I dreamt that one day I would get to experience what it was like. Almost everyday, I do the exact same thing. I wake up and Maid Sarah helps me get ready, I eat breakfast down in the dining hall with all the other servants but they had no clue who I was, walk around the castle grounds until I was tired of walking around, head up to the library to read until dinner, then get ready for bed. It's a boring routine, but I've grown to like it, especially with the company of Sarah.

"Thank you, Sarah." I state, closing my book and walking over to the table.

"Princess Aria, what book are you reading now?" Sarah asks, as I sit down in my chair. Maid Sarah almost raised me, she's been my maid ever since I was born. My parents always saw me as a burden since I was not the normal first born. In the werewolf community, every Alpha, including the King, will always get a son as the first born, becoming the heir. But if a daughter is the first born, the family is disgraced, it's stupid old traditions that we still follow. So my parents kept me a secret, only the castle workers know about me. Even a few don't know that I'm the princess. Ever since I was born, I've never had a good relationship with my parents, but Sarah is like a mother to me. She practically raised me, she taught me how to brush my teeth, how to shave my legs, what a mate meant, everything you could imagine.

"Pride and Prejudice." I state, starting to eat my dinner. This was my favorite book, I've probably read it over a hundred times, I mean how can you not love Mr. Darcy?

"Again, you read that last week!" She exclaims, a smile creeping on her face.

"So? it's a good book." I laugh, finishing my soup, smiling at Sarah. I slowly finish my dinner while Sarah leaves me soak in my alone time in the library, I began to read again but I'm soon stopped halfway through a page.