{twenty-one}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

We were back in the castle, after a week of 'vacation'. I was glad to be back but the duties that came with it were not pleasant. It was now December, which meant the castle was decorated in red and green. Christmas was my favorite time of year in the castle, mainly because that's when I was allowed outside of the castle. My parents would let me run around the castle grounds during the winter. Only because the gardeners and visitors were less likely to see me since they would stop coming during the colder climates.

"She seems to have a pattern..." Daniel says, looking down at the large map spread across the table. It showed the places my mother has been since we had spotting of her before we got the tracker.

"Yeah...staying just out of reach." Damon groans, rubbing his eyes as he leans back in his chair. The room was filled with multiple different warriors and alphas, all awaiting the announcement of war plans.

"King Damon, we need to decide what we're doing soon, we're just wasting time." Alpha Titus says, placing his hands down on the table.

"This takes time and strategy, Alpha, work on your patience." I say, continuing to study the map, trying to find the best plan.

"Feisty....my wolf likes it." Damon mind-linked. I look over at him quickly, giving him a wink.

"We don't know how many people are helping her, we could easily get ambushed if we're not careful." Damon sighs, standing up from his seat. He starts pointing out different attack strategies. I soon felt useless in the crowd of men and decided to find myself a new seat on the couch on the other side of the room with a book.

I didn't realize how long they were talking strategies until I finished the last chapter of the book I was reading. I look up from my comfortable position, all the men still huddled around the table.

"Well that settles it then, we attack in a month." Damon says, dismissing all the men. The final warrior exits the room and Damon lets down his tough face. He places his hands on the table, leaning against them. He hangs his head and lets out a loud sigh.

"Baby? You okay?" I ask, I'm worried about him. He's been working nonstop without giving himself a break. I know he was worried about my mother and desperate to find her but he needed to take care of himself as well.

"This is a lot more than what it was cut out to be." He says, lifting his head to look at me.

"You know, I could help you if you just let me." I say, standing up from the couch.

"I'm the King, I should be able to handle this by myself." He says, folding his arms in front of him.

"Every King need a Queen." I say, unfolding his arms and wrapping them around me.

"But you already do so much for the kingdom. I don't want you to feel stressed." He says, staring down at me.

"But you're making yourself stressed which just worries me." I say.