{twenty-five}

Damon's POV

Damon's POV

"Yeah, she told me that we're hav-" Aria was cut off by the alarm blaring through our base. It meant that Aria's mother's army was attacking. I had to get out and help my men.

"Baby, I'm so sorry but I really have to go." I say to her but before I could hang up, a loud bang rang through my head, before I could register the bomb that had just blown up a few feet away from me.

My phone went flying through the air and so did I. I landed on my back but what hurt the most was a searing pain in my left shoulder. I look down to see a large gash on my shoulder. I tried to push myself up but my arm gave out and I knew my shoulder wasn't healing anytime soon. I saw a large wolf running towards me, it pounced but before it could get to me, I grabbed it's neck and flung it somewhere around the base.

Collin runs up to me and helps me get up. My shoulder kept throbbing but I tried to push through and see what the damage was to the base.

"We need to get you medical attention, I can't have you passing out on my watch. Aria would kill me." Collin says, trying to put pressure on my shoulder to stop the bleeding. I quickly push him off and shift to head towards the fight. I didn't need to worry about myself when I had my entire kingdom to worry about. I start sprinting towards the fight, ignoring the limp in my left paw.

I see all my men easily outnumbering the other wolves. My men are killing wolves left and right, I proudly watched them until I saw a wolf running towards me. As I prepare to fight him, hoping I can even though I'm down a limp. Collins, in wolf form, then jumps in front of me and grabs the wolf's neck and throws him into a tree.

"Your mate is worried, open your mind-link and talk to her." Collin says through our mind-link. He has no right telling me how to deal with my mate. I didn't want her worrying about me, it wasn't good for her anxiety or the baby. I could feel her poking at the wall I built to keep her out of my mind.

"She's fine, I'm going to find the leader of all this." I sat back, running past all the fighting, and toward the enemy's base. I hear Collin mumble something about telling Aria himself, but I didn't pay much attention to it. As I ran through the forest, I started to smell smoke and ash. I could almost see the large building that was the former Queen's base. Finally, I exited the forest and saw the large building up in flames. I smelt around the building, try to see if anyone was still inside. I couldn't catch a scent, did my men do this or did they willingly do it to themselves?

"Did any of you set the enemy's base on fire?" I ask all of my warriors. I got a resounding 'no, Alpha", that meant they did it themselves. They fled and now we don't know where they are. I start running back to our base, hoping all the other wolves weren't still fighting. When I reach the base, I see all my men, bandaging wounds or moving around the rubble. Now that I'm not worrying about anyone trying to kill me, I can assess the damage.

They had set off many bombs, causing almost our whole base to be torn apart. I shift and pull on a pair of shorts I found laying in the rubble. The adrenaline had stopped and I could now feel all the pain from my shoulder.