{sixteen}

*one month later*

*one month later*

Aria's POV

Waking up in Damon's arms is something I'll never get tired of. Over the past month, our tight schedule and busy days seem to have died down. Everything was running smoothly, no huge problems. The kingdom was flowing nicely, the elders were always pleased with what we were doing. We've made multiple changes to the Werewolf Laws. All things Damon has dreamed of changing. Oh, and as for Damon and I, we've never been better.

That gorgeous man just seemed to be getting more sexy every passing second.

"Ah, gushing about me is what keeping your mind occupied." Damon mind links me, causing me to blush. Ever since we mated, his new favorite thing to do is read my mind.

I turn around in his arms so I'm facing him. His stunning eyes, staring at me. Over the past month, he's grown out his stubble to a small beard. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

"Good morning, Damon" I smile, giving him a short kiss.

"Good morning, A" He replies, he then digs his head into the crook of my neck. I feel this wave of insecurity wash over me, but it wasn't my emotions. It was Damon's, why would he feel like that?

"Damon, are you okay?" I ask, running my finger through his hair as he nuzzles further into my neck.

"Yeah." I hear from him, slightly mumbled. I try to see what he's thinking of and what caused this feeling but he made a wall in his mind that I can't get through.

"Babe, I know something is wrong." I say, he never blocks me out of his mind.

"No, I'm fine." He groans, kissing my neck now. I know he's trying to distract me from whatever he's upset about..

"You can't lie to me, I'm your mate, remember?" I joke, trying to pull his head from my neck.

"Fine, what do you want?" He asks, pulling away from my neck and pulling me on-top of him so I'm straddling him. He has this annoyed look on his face which starts to fuel my anger.

"I want to know what's wrong!" I say, frustrated that he won't just tell me.

"You don't want to know, it's stupid." He mumbles looking away from me.

"Damon, I felt your emotions, just tell me." I say a little bit softer, I've never seen him like this before. After a long pause, he sighs and looks me in the eyes.

"My wolf was putting thoughts into my head about you leaving me. I guess with all the meetings and you making Collin your right hand man. I felt jealous and scared to ever lose you. It's stupid, my wolf is being jealous." He says, staring into my soul. Collin was one of the head warriors, he was my personal guard for meeting and helped me a lot with my Luna duties. I didn't know Damon was bothered by it.