{seventeen}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

*buzz*

*buzz*

*buzz*

"Aria, I know you're in there, I need you to respond so we know you're okay. If you don't answer, we'll have to break in." I hear Sarah say through the intercom, they had to use the emergency access to talk to me since I wasn't answering them. It's been over 24 hours of me not replying to any of them. They've resorted to the worse, thinking I could have died. 

I reach over, out of the bed, and hit the answer button. A loud 'beep' sounds through the empty suite. I've been bundled up in our - my bed for the past day. The bed had tissues and food wrappers thrown all over it, showing what state I was in. I couldn't sleep without him, my body craves his touch. A few times my body was so exhausted it shut down and I was forced to sleep. I've also been nauseous, I believe a side effect of the lack of sleep and eating extremely terrible junk food.

"I'm fine." My groggy voice barely says into the speaker. I haven't stopped crying since the fight, I could feel the dry tears all over my face and neck. 

"Honey, is it okay if I come up? Just to make sure everything is okay?" Sarah says, she was the only person that could see me like this. I press the answer button again.

"Yeah.." I say, moving into a sitting up position. I press the enter button and end the call. I hear her enter the suite, her heels clicking against the marble floors. She starts walking up the stairs, as soon as we make eye content, she freezes.

"Oh dear, let's get you into the shower!" Sarah says, grabbing my arm and pulling me into the bathroom.

"Sarah, I just want to go back to the bed!" I complain, not wanting to leave the warm bed.

"Aria! Snap out of it! You are the Queen! Yes, what happened is terrible, but you still must lead your people." She says to me, making me stare at her in shock. I take a deep breath and nod at her. I can't just abandon my people because I felt like being selfish.

"Now get into the shower, I will pick out your clothes and you will go to your meetings like regular." Sarah says, walking out of the bathroom. I quickly take a shower and walk out of the bathroom to see a white button up shirt, a navy blue pencil skirt, beige wedges, and my crown, sitting in my bed. I quickly get dressed, do my hair, and finish up my makeup.

"I've made you breakfast, I'll be heading out for my chores. Good luck today, Your Highness." I hear Sarah shout from downstairs. I say a quick 'thank you' before grabbing my folder for meetings and run downstairs to quickly eat breakfast. I see the folder Damon left on the counter yesterday, seeing it made my anger for him return. I pick it up and look inside. It was full of war plans incase finding my mother goes wrong. I realize that if I don't leave soon I'll be late. I finish my breakfast and leave the suite.