{twenty}

Damon's POV

Damon's POV

I stare down at the blonde cluster of hair that was currently sound asleep on my chest. I tune my hearing to find her heartbeat, I hear her steady beating but I also hear the quiet heartbeat that belongs to our child. The idea of becoming a father terrified me, but seeing Aria as a mother was something I couldn't wait to see. She'll be a perfect mother, she has every quality to be a mom.

We have to tell the kingdom soon, she's going to start showing in a few weeks. It wasn't that I was scared of kingdoms reaction, I was scared of what Aria's mother would do when she found out. That woman was sick enough to throw her daughter away, who knows what else she's capable of?

"I need to up the security." I mumble to myself, rubbing a hand over my face. Aria begins to stir, I hope I didn't wake her. She nuzzles her face into my chest as she stretches into a more comfortable position. Suddenly her bright blue eyes pop open, staring directly at me.

"Good morning, baby." I smile, hoping she didn't know that I was the reason that she woke up. She needed her sleep more than ever, she was growing a royal alpha pup.

"Morning." She replies, rolling over onto her side so she isn't laying on me anymore. I turn onto my side so I'm facing her.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask, running my hand through her golden locks.

"Good, you?" She says, placing a hand on my cheek. Something about us was that we always touched each other all time, in any way possible, the tingles we got were addicting.

"Amazing since I have you." I said, smoothly.

"You're so cheesy." She laughs, placing a peck on my lips.

"Oh, just wait till I'm a dad." I joke, moving my hand down to her belly.

"Oh goddess, the dad jokes." She groans, jokingly.

"I'll be the true embodiment of a dad." I laugh.

"Let's skip the dad bod." She says, running her hands over my abs.

"Hmm, you're enjoying the Alpha muscles?" I question, teasing her.

"You have no idea." She says, proudly. I didn't expect that from her. She normally becomes quite and blushes. Someone's getting confident from all those pregnancy hormones.

"I think I already started gaining some pounds." I say, poking my stomach.

"Oh Goddess-" She suddenly says, in disgust. I didn't think she would be that upset about my joke. But then suddenly she runs to the bathroom. I follow her to see her bent over the toilet, emptying her stomach.

I rush over to her, pulling her hair away from her face. She finishes, looking up at me, wiping her mouth. She looked so exhausted, I wish I could help her. I press a soft kiss to her forehead, before she got up to brush her teeth. I flushed the toilet for her and went over to the sink, where she was brushing her teeth.