{nine}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

As we approach the huge pack house, the few pack members around start whispering and pointing at me. Ever since I was announced to the world, every pack has a different reaction. Some are accepting, such as Damon's pack, and some are like my parents, ashamed to have a female in line for the throne. I wonder how this pack will react, I can't tell if they're happy to see me or shocked.

Damon and Bradley lead us into the pack house as Kathryn and I follow behind. The house looks about the same as any pack house, nothing special about it. We walk into a rather big office, I see man slightly resembling Bradley, this must be Damon's uncle.

"How nice to see you again, brother." The man says, giving Bradley a hug. I'm almost hidden behind Damon, I don't think the man can see me. Most people greet me first because of my status which I don't like so most of the time I hide behind Damon when meeting new people. It helps my anxiety in these stressful situations.

"You too, John." Bradley says, Kathryn gives John a hug and then Damon moves to give him a hug as well, John peeks over Damon's shoulder at me, his face turning into a scowl.

"How dare you bring this girl here!" John quickly pulls away from Damon pointing a finger at me, his face now enraged. I look to Damon to see his face twisted in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Bradley asks, just as confused as Damon

"She's a disgrace to royal family, she should be a rogue." Johns says, flashbacks of my parents yelling those same words at me everyday.

"You should have never been born"

"I can't believe you're my daughter, you're so ugly"

"You ruined my life the day you were born"

Every single insult they ever said to me starts running through my mind. I feel my throat start to close up and eyes start to water.

"I need to get out of here.." I whisper, running out of the office and outside. I run past the pack members and into the woods, I keep running till my legs give out. The tears running down my face, it's so hard to breathe. Everything was perfect, I was away from my parents, I had a loving mate, I was happy. All good things come to an end, I guess. I slowly calm down from my panic attack, taking deep breaths, leaning up against a tree.

*snap*

I hear a twig snap, my head whips in that direction, I see a young man around my age jogging towards me. I back up as far as I can against the tree. He slows down as he reaches me, he squats down to my level.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" He asks, it eases me to know he doesn't see me as a threat. I look up at him, he face then turns to shock. Great, now he's gonna yell insults at me too.

"Your Highness, I'm so sorry." He stands up straight and bows at me. Wait, this is different.

"There's no need to bow." I say, standing up.