{twenty-six}

Damon's POV

Damon's POV

I woke up on a plane, the last I remember was standing in the destroyed base. Where were we going? Is everything alright? Is Aria safe? My head shots up from the makeshift bed and I look around to see Collin and the rest of the warriors.

"Where are we going?" I ask, trying to sit up. But what stops me is the sling my arm was in.

"Stop before you hurt your shoulder any more." Asher, the medic, tells me. He then helps me up so that I'm standing.

"We're headed back to the castle, there's been an attack." Collins says.

"What?! Is Aria okay?" I ask, worry shooting through me.

"Yes, she's in the safe room, we're almost there." He says.

"Can I shift? With my shoulder?" I look over at Asher.

"Yes, just be careful, try not to trip or be too hard on it." Asher replies, I look down at the stitches that were imbedded into my shoulder.

"Will I rip my stitches?" I ask, touching around on my shoulder, feeling how tender it is.

"Yes, but is that going to stop you, My King?" Asher jokes, I smile towards him. We then land the plane and as I'm about to step out of the plane, I feeling of pain and worry from Aria ripples through me.

"Where is Aria?" My wolf instantly takes control and roars at the men. Aria was in pain and I could feel her fear. What if someone got to her? What about the baby?

"She's in the safe room." Collins says, I trip and fall onto the grass as a searing pain tears through my abdomen.

"Then why is she in pain?" I ask, quickly getting up and heading toward the castle. I start sprinting as the rest of my men follow closely behind. The pain kept getting stronger, I had to get to her. As soon as I step out of the forest, to where I can see the castle, I knew it was gonna be a long fight to get to Aria. The castle was surrounded by fighting wolves. The Royal village was already evacuated, all of them rushed to the castle for safety while Aria had to be in the safe room, away from everyone. Daniel was leading the attack, but he needed help.

"Men, we need to finish this quickly and correctly. Your Queen is in pain and I need to get to her as quickly as possible, but we need to finish this. If you find the former queen bring her to me instantly." I say, turning towards my men.

I knew that she would be here, this was the final battle. We all shift and run towards the battlefield, ready to end this.

I start running past all the fighting wolves trying to see how close to the castle I could get, while my men scattered themselves around field helping others. I didn't get too close to the castle before a wolf came running towards me. I quickly blocked his attack and grabbed him by the neck. I flipped him over and quickly tore out his throat.

This continued for anther hour, I just couldn't get to Aria. The former wasn't showing herself but her men were quickly dying. As I fought off one more wolf, I got a mind-link.

"We found her, she's headed your way, Alpha." Daniel says. I quickly look around, trying to find the former Queen. I found her, hiding in the edge of the forest, slowly moving out, into the field. I dodge the wolf that was running towards me as another warrior takes care of him.

I sprint towards her, she couldn't get away now. Once she was dead, all of this would be over, Aria would be safe, the kingdom would have reassurance that the King was avenged, after her high treason. I would finally see my mate and my unborn pup.

She soon sees me running towards and starts running the other way. She couldn't outrun me, this was the end for her. I finally got close enough to tackle her to the ground. I shifted and held a hand on her neck.

"You think this is the end? There will never be an end. There will always be people who hate Aria and want her dead. It wasn't wrong to hide her, I was trying to keep her safe from the hate of the world. She will never be a true queen." Scarlett scowls, trying to get out of my hold.

"Aria is and will be Queen for the rest of her life. You did nothing to protect her, you verbally abused her and acted like she didn't exist. She is your daughter, so what she was a first-born daughter instead of a son. She can't control that, but you could've controlled how you dealt with it. Aria is an amazing Queen, the kingdom loves her, they never felt that with you. You have committed so many acts of treason, I have no choice but to kill you. So this is the end."

And with that, I snapped her neck. I leave her body there and start walk toward where all the wolves were fighting. As I exit the forest I see all my men done fighting, every single wolf that was against us is dead.

"The former Queen is dead! We are safe!" I announce loudly to the crowd of warriors. It then hits be again, in a wave of pain, I need to get to Aria. I instruct my men to clean up the mess and help the village with any damage. While I start running towards the castle to find where Aria was.

On the way I found some pants and a shirt but with all the blood and dirt all over me it didn't help. As soon as I enter the castle, I come to a stop. I start sniffing around, trying to find her scent. Somehow I couldn't, was that because of the safe room? I then see Sarah come running towards me.

"Thank the goddess you're here, come with me." She says, pulling me through the castle.

"What's wrong? Is Aria okay?" I ask, trying to get her to tell me. She wouldn't say anything. "Tell me!"

"I can't, you'll see when we get there." She says, I then realize she's taking me to the infirmary. As we enter the large hospital wing, my heart is in my throat and my stomach drops. I see Claire, sitting in the small waiting area with her head in her hands. I see a nurse come out of the surgery room, as the door opens and closes I can hear grunts and screams of pain, it sounded like Aria. I immediately rush towards the room, trying to find Aria. But I'm held back by multiple nurses and Sarah.

"Let me go! I need to see my mate!" I roar, trying to break free, but the exhaustion from the battle made it extremely hard.

"Your Highness, I need you to sit down please." I look at the nurse in fear of what she was about to tell me. They force me into a chair across from Claire, as she looks up at me, with sympathy in her eyes.

"What's happening?" I whisper, feeling so helpless s tears start to form in my eyes.

"She went into labor while she was in the safe room, Beta female Claire immediately called us and we went to go get them. But we couldn't get in without one of the high warriors or you releasing them. So as we were waiting for a warriors to get there, Aria had an anxiety attack which caused her to fall into a state of panic. She started to have seizures as we got to her and rushed her here. She is still have seizures, she is in a slight coma, meaning she isn't responding to anything we do but is feeling all of her pain. The babies are coming but we need to stabilize her before they can be born." The nurse tells me. Why did she say babies? We aren't having twins.

"But what if I can help stabilize her?" I ask, hoping just to see Aria.

"We aren't sure if that would help, let me go talk to the doctor and I'll come back to tell you an update." The nurse says. "Please stay here."

"Wait! What happens if you can't stabilize her?" I ask, grabbing the nurses hand.

"At that point, it would be your decision to either save the babies or save the queen."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Wowww! I know it's another cliff hanger but that probably how it's gonna be till the end! Only a few more chapters till it's over and I'm sorry for the long wait, I've been super busy and stressed.

This chapter was a lot, I know but the next is gonna be even more. So good luck haha

Word count: 1521