{eighteen}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

Two dark pink lines stare up at me. I drop the white stick on the ground in utter shock. This can't be happening. I'm not ready to be a mother, I'm only 18.

"Aria, what does it say?" Sarah says, asking from behind the bathroom door. I quickly pick up the test from the tile flooring and open the door. We lock eyes, tears starting to blur my vision.

"I'm pregnant..." I whisper, as the tears start to fall. I start to crumble toward the ground but Sarah wraps me in her arms before I could reach the ground.

"Shhh....it's okay sweetie, everything's gonna be okay." She whispers into my ear as she runs her hands over my hair.

"But what if it's not? I'm 18, I can't be a mother!" I say, pulling away from her so I can look at her face.

"This is the Moon Goddess's wish, we must follow her plan. She does all thing for the good of her children. Don't worry, Aria." She says, pressing a kiss against my head. "Now let's take you the medical wing for a ultrasound."

She helps me out of the suite and we walk side by side towards the medical wing. We arrive at the large medical center and a nurse escorts us to the royal section. Sarah waits outside the patient room, saying 'this was a private moment between a mother and her child'.

"Please take a seat on the bed, Dr. Durham should be in shortly." And with that I'm left alone. As I wait, I start to think about how Damon would react to the news. Would he enjoy the new addition or would he be too busy for a baby?

I hear a knock on the door and then a middle-aged women pops her head inside.

"Hello, Your Highness, I'm Dr. Durham and I'll be your doctor." She says, shaking my hand. I give her a small smile. "So I hear you have some pregnancy symptoms and that you took a test that came out positive?"

"Yes, I've been nauseous and very fatigued." I reply, starting to feel nervous. I'm starting to wish Damon was here just to make me feel a bit better. I wonder what he's doing, I tried to reach out to him through our mind-link but I can't seem to get to him. He would calm my nerves right now, I needed him here.

"Okay, there are always false positives on pregnancy tests, so let's do a blood test just to make sure." She gives me a smile as she pulls on some latex gloves and picks up a syringe. She disinfects the area and then presses the needle in.

"This might take awhile so hang tight." She says, then suddenly I hear a loud crash come from outside the room.

"Where is she? Is she hurt? Why do I smell her blood?" I hear Damon's deep voice boom from outside the room. I hear his footsteps quickly move towards the doors, then it's flung open with so much force I'm surprised it didn't break.

"Aria, are you alrig-?" Damon stops as soon as he sees me, then his eyes lock onto the doctor holding the syringe. "Stop hurting her!"

"No, Damon! She has to do this!" I yell at him and I reach my hand out to stop him reaching the doctor. As soon my hand touches his chest, he stops moving. Tingle erupt where my hand is on him. We lock eyes and I hear my wolf start howling in joy.

"Are you okay?" Damon whispers, grabbing my hand that's on his chest and intertwining our fingers. All he cared about was my well-being.

"She's perfectly fine, My King, I'm going to get this tested." Dr. Durham says. She gives me a wink and walks out of the room, leaving me with Damon.

"Why is your blood getting tested?" Damon asks, pulling up a chair to sit next to the patient bed I was sitting on.

"You ask too many questions.." I say, looking down at our still intertwined hands. A deep sigh come from my mate, making me look up at him through my lashes.

"Aria, you have no clue how sorry I am! I was worked up, stressed, and wasn't thinking correctly. I know that isn't an excuse for my jealousy and not telling you about your mother. I'm stupid for ever thinking that it would help. I have a lot to learn." Damon says, rubbing my hand.

"Sarah made me realize how I overreacted to situation. You were only trying to look out for me and help with my anxiety. But you sending Collin away out of pure jealously is not okay." I say, hoping this doesn't begin another argument.

"I know, but I didn't send him on that mission only off of jealousy. He is one of our best warriors, hence why he's your personal guard, we needed his help. Yes, the jealousy made it very easy for me send him to find your mother but he is a vital part of the team." He says.

"Oh....okay." I say, looking back down at our hands.

"Please tell me we're back to normal, I can't stand another night away from you." He exclaims.

"Yes, we're back to normal, baby." I smile, pulling him into a kiss. "As long as you stop keeping secrets from me."

"Never again." He grins, pecking my lips. "Oh, goddess, I missed you."

"I missed you too." I say, fiddling with his fingers

"So why are you here? And why is your blood getting tested?" He asks, the concerned look crossing his face again. How am I supposed to tell him?

"Oh...ummm...well you see-" I get cut off by Dr. Durham walks back into the room with a clipboard.

"Well, I have some good news!" She exclaims, setting her clipboard down on the desk in the corner. Wait, I don't want Damon to find out this way.

"Your results came back positive," She says before I can stop her. "You're pregnant, Your Highness."

"What?!" Damon shouts, squeezing my hand tightly.

"I'll give you two a moment." Dr. Durham says, leaving us alone.

"A, was she serious?" Damon asks, in disbelief.

"Yeah, I was about to tell you." I say, nervously. Damon looks at me with a unreadable expression.

"Oh my Goddess, I'm gonna be a dad." He says, getting up and pacing the room. I sit on the bed in silence, I can't tell what his reaction is. He stops pacing and locks eyes with me. I can see his eyes starting to well up with tears.

"Baby, this is amazing." He softly says, wrapping his arms around me.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Ooooo a super early update!! What do you guys think?!?

Also do you guys want shorter but weekly updates or longer monthly updates over the summer??

Don't forget to vote and comment your fav part!!

Word count: 1179