{eleven}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

I storm into the elders meeting room, furious because of my mother. Damon rushes in behind me, grabbing my hand.

"Elders, I come to you with news of the Queen." I say, trying to remember how I'm supposed to speak to the elders.

"Princess Aria, it is a pleasure to see you back in the castle." Elder Reed says.

"What is this news, Aria?" Elder Charles asks, he's the oldest of all the elders.

"My mother, The Queen, had the audacity to demolish The King's throne." I state, waiting for a response. A few gasps are heard throughout the room.

"Guards, bring me The Queen." Elder Charles roughly states, glaring at the guards.

"Princess Aria, do you know why she did such a thing?" Elder Gail asks, giving me a sympathetic look. She always seemed to feel bad for me and what my parent have done.

"She said 'He was never going to use it again' I don't know anything else." I say, starting to feel intimidated by the elders. I hear scream come from outside the door. Soon the door bursts open, two guards holding my struggling mother. They set her down next to me, leaving the room and closing the doors behind them.

"This is all your fault, I should have given you away, you will never be my daughter." My mother sneers in my face. This is nothing out of the usual, this was normal.

"Princess Aria and Alpha Damon, please return to your chambers." Elder Charles says, Damon and I quickly obey.

We walk out of the room and towards my bedroom. Damon seems to be fuming but trying to cover it up.

"What's wrong, Dam?" I ask, squeezing his hand.

"It's nothing." He says, but a growl slips through. I decided to try to get him open up when we get to my room. We just happen to arrive at my door, it feels foreign to be here. I slowly open the door and walk in. It's just as I left it, nothing seems to have changed. I see our suitcases next to the bed. Damon takes a seat on my loveseat in front of my bed. He seems to still be upset, I plop down next to him.

"Damon, please tell me what's wrong?" I say, grabbing his hand and rubbing his arm with the other. He blankly stares at the TV across from him.

"Your mother is so cruel." Damon says, finally opening up.

"I know."

"How did you grow up with her? How do you take her insults like nothing?" He asks, growling.

"Because they are nothing, her insults are my normal. I got used to it and try not to let it bother me." I say, I've never actually told anyone how I felt about my mother.