{twenty-three}

Damon's POV

Damon's POV

"What do you think about this plan?" I ask, my Beta, Daniel. We've been stuck in the conference room for hours trying to get a war plan set. I found that having all the Alphas here cause too much argument to complete anything. So I decided that Daniel and I could do it by ourselves.

"There's still flaws, we could lose." He replied, leaning back in his chair.

"Damn it!" I grunt, turning away from the big table with all the battle strategies. I place my hands on my head and let out a frustrated sigh. A quick knock on the door and a small whiff of their scents had Daniel and I racing for the door. We open the two very large, mahogany doors to see our mates standing with arms full of trays of food.

"We brought you lunch, since you haven't come out yet." Claire says, smiling at Daniel.

"We wanted to make sure you were still alive." Aria laughed. It's only been a few hours but I missed her so much. I went to grab the tray from her but she swatted away my hand.

"I've got it!" She says walking past me and setting down on the conference table with Claire.

"Have you settled on a battle plan yet?" Claire asks, as Daniel and I start to eat. I didn't realize how I hungry I was till the food was in front of me

"Not yet." Daniel mumbles, focused on eating.

"We need to do something soon, sitting around and waiting isn't doing anything." Aria says, looking at files laid out on the table.

"You don't think I know that?" I ask, already annoyed at myself. Her adding on to it was not helping my temper.

"No need to get snappy!" She exclaims, I could feel through our bond that she was annoyed that I snapped at her. She doesn't get it.

"Well, sorry if I'm annoyed that I can't find a good battle plan because Alpha's have started to pull their warriors out of the war, the damn rogue won't speak a single word to me, and your stupid mother keeps changing where she's going!" I say, standing up from my seat. I knew I was getting too harsh but it just slipped out. The fire that ignited in her eyes meant I was in trouble.

"I know that you're annoyed and stressed, I'm your mate, I feel it. But that doesn't give you a right to lash out on me. I'm supposed to help you through these things but I can't when all you do is hide in your office and yell at me." She argues, pushing me back into my chair. "Eat your food and shut up."

Two sets of laughter were heard, neither from Aria nor me. I look over to see Daniel sitting in his chair laughing while Claire's arms are around his shoulder as she try's to hide her laughter by shoving her face into his neck.

 I look over to see Daniel sitting in his chair laughing while Claire's arms are around his shoulder as she try's to hide her laughter by shoving her face into his neck