{twenty-seven}

Damon's POV

Damon's POV

*thump*

*thump*

*thump*

All I could here was my heart, it felt like it was in my throat but sounded like it was in my brain. I couldn't keep still, either my knee was bouncing or tapping the chair. I was in a state of fear, pain, and anxiety. The nurse hasn't come out of the operating room yet and I was staring holes into the door.

"She's gonna be ok." Claire says, she was still sitting across from me. I quickly move my stare from the door to her and back.

"But what if she isn't?" I ask, rubbing my hands over my face, the same pain runs through my shoulder. It hasn't healed and it was all bloody but I haven't put it back in the sling yet.

"What happened to your arm?" Claire asks, ignoring my question.

"A bomb at the base, it was right before we came here." I say. Then Daniel, Collin, and Asher walk into the medical wing. Daniel immediately runs and wraps Claire in a hug.

"Is she okay?" Collin asks me, sitting down next to me. Asher grabs some medical supplies and starts wrapping my shoulder.

"We don't know yet." I say, wincing as Asher cleans out my cuts. Not knowing what was happening to Aria or how she was doing was slowly killing me from the inside, out.

"Your Highness, May I speak to you privately?" The nurse says, running out of the operating room. Her scrubs had dots of blood on them and screams were stilling coming from Aria. Asher places my arm in a sling and I followed the nurse to a back room.

"What's happening?" I ask, anxiously.

"The doctor said that our best bet would be you coming in and trying to comfort her. That might set off some form of ease and calmness in her. But I have to warn you, you must stay calm and not show your fear or anger. This will only harm her." She says.

"Then take me to her." And she did. But what I saw was something I never wish to see again. Aria's was in a hospital bed with many wires attached to her. She had her eyes close and seemed to be asleep until she started shaking and screaming in pain. The doctors kept checking to see if the baby was coming. She was in so much pain that I couldn't move.

"Your Highness, either help her or get out!" The doctor says to me. That snapped me out of my fear-frozen state. I rush to her side and grab her hand with my bad one. I run my good hand through her sweaty hair, pushing it out of her face.

"Aria, baby, I'm here. Take some deep breaths and break through. I know you're under there, just break out." I say to her, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Her heart rate is going down, she's coming back, keep talking to her." A random nurse says to me.

"A, come on baby, I'm back home. We get to see our beautiful baby soon, even sooner if you wake up." I say, pressing a kiss to her hand.