{three}

Damon's POV

Damon's POV

As I sit in Alpha meeting, I can't help but be extremely bored. I've never understood the Royal Kingdom. If I was King I would change so many things. And now that they kept a secret of the next heir makes me believe their unworthy. I only ever came to these meeting, the ball never sparked an interest in me. My beta convinced me to go to the ball this year as I'm now 21 and can't continue to run my pack without my mate. I thought I was doing a good job without a mate and that having one would only complicate things even more but my beta was becoming a pain in my ass. My pack members were excited to finally attend the elegant ball but I certainly was not.

I lean my arm on the chair I was sitting in and place my head in my hand, tuning out the few Alpha's arguing. My fingers fumble around with a pen, when suddenly my wolf perks up. The intoxicatingly smell of mint and chocolate from my dream suddenly flows into the room. I quickly sit up and look around the room but no one has entered. The King notices my alerted look and instantly asks:

"Alpha Damon, is something wrong?" He asks, staring at me. Maybe it's coming from the hall outside the meeting, I needed to find out.

"Will you excuse me for a second?" I ask, the second I get a nod, I'm bolting to the door. I quickly open and close it behind me. I see no one in the hall, but I can still smell the scent. I follow it down the hall and around the corner. Then it gets mixed with another scent, I try to keep following it but it soon disappears.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Aria's POV

Catarina and I have been talking for awhile, getting to know each other. I found out that she actually comes from Brazil and I got to learn a lot about her heritage. She learned a lot about my life and how I was kept hidden, it felt nice to confide in someone about what I went through.

"So, what is it like having a mate?" I ask, laying down on my bed with Catarina. "I've never really seen what it's like to have a mate, and I'm supposed to meet mine very soon."

"It's the most amazing feeling ever, Thomas is so sweet, I can't wait for you to meet him." She gushes, obviously in love. I'm about to reply, but in rushes Maid Sarah.

"Princess, I'm awfully sorry I'm late, I was helping in the kitchen and lost track of time." Sarah pants, from running through the castle. She then notices the other lady in the room " Who is this?"

"Oh, This is Luna Catarina of The Royal Guard pack." I state, pulling Catarina out of the bed. "This is her first Royal Ball as well, so she's getting ready with me."

"Well, lovely. Now let's get you girls ready." Sarah smiles.

We start off with Sarah doing Catarina's hair in a braided crown while I paint her nails pink since her gown is a sparkly pink. Then vice versa. My hair is now falling down my back in curls with a few pieces pulled up, and my nails are painted a pale blue. Catarina is now doing my makeup while Sarah finishes up my dress in her own room. She hasn't let me see the dress, and I don't remember what it looks like since I was so tired last night.