{four}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

As most of the guests spent the night dancing and drinking, Damon and I spent the night getting to know each other. From favorite foods to childhood memories, we talked about everything under the sun. The night was winding down and hardly anyone was left in the ballroom, I was telling Damon about how much I loved peanut butter cookies when Maid Sarah come up to me, and whispers in my ear:

"Your parents would like to speak to you." She says, then wanders off somewhere.

"I'll be right back." I tell Damon, then kiss him on the cheek. I start walking over to my parents, I don't know why I kissed his cheek, I just did.

"Ah, Aria," my mother greets "We wanted to talk to you about your mate."

"Since he's an Alpha, we will have to hold a meeting to discuss everything of succession and leadership of his pack. We would have liked that he went pack to his pack with everyone else and discuss this on a later date while you stay here to start your royal training but the Elders will not separate you two. So he will stay here and we shall discuss everything tomorrow morning. Your mother and I are heading to bed, I trust you will be fine?"

My father explains, I can't believe he wanted to separate us. They can't even congratulate me.

"Yes, father, Goodnight." I nod, turning back to my mate. I start walking towards him and see he has taken off his suit coat, and his tie is hanging around his neck. He looks so hot in his white button down, I'm so lucky. I realize how weird it's going to be for me to ask him to stay the night. When I reach him, I start fidgeting with the ends of his tie, as he starts playing with my hair.

"Can you stay the night?" I awkwardly ask, not looking him in the eyes.

"Of course, may I ask, why?" He sweetly answer, he's so amazing.

"We need to discuss some stuff with my parents tomorrow." I smile, grabbing his hand.

"All right, I'll let my Beta know." He says, and I see his eyes glass over, meaning he's mind-linking. "How about we head to bed?"

"Oh, yeah, it's getting really late, let's go." I start leading him towards my room. I guess we'll be sleeping together, since we don't have a room ready for him, not that I had a problem with that.

Once we reach my room, I head in to see Sarah, ready to help me get ready for bed. She soon sees Damon, and realizes something.

"Oh, Your highness, I'm so sorry. I'll leave right away." She rambles, scurrying out the door. I try to stop her, but she runs out the door.

"Who was that?" Damon asks, walking further into my bedroom.

"Maid Sarah, she basically raised me." I smile, slipping off my shoes. I walk over to where Damon is, he's looking at my single shelve of book. Now that I'm standing next to him with my heels I feel much shorter.