{twelve}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

As I sit on the shower floor, I can't hold it in anymore. I've been pushing my feelings down and I need to let it out. I feel the tears roll down my face with the droplets of water. I feel the pain of losing my father, the stress of becoming Queen. A sob breaks through my body as I pull my knees up to my chin. It feels like I just started to get my father to become my father, but then he was ripped away from me. I'm not ready to be Queen, my mother was right, she should have given me away. I'm going to fail the kingdom, I'll soon be overthrown. Why did I ever think I could do this?

"Aria? Baby where are you?" I hear Damon in our bedroom, I ignore him, hoping he'll leave. He didn't deserve to deal with a mate like this, he deserved a strong, powerful mate who didn't need to hide in a shower and cry. I hear his footsteps become closer.

"Aria, you know I can feel where you are and I can sense your feelings now that I marked you, right?" I hear him say through the bathroom door, I forgot about that part. I see him slowly open the bathroom door through the foggy glass of the shower. I stand up from the bottom of the shower, tears still running down my face.

"What do you want, Damon?" I say coldly.

"Are you okay?" He asks, I give him no reply. "Screw this."

I feel another wave of anxiety and grief run over me. My breathing becomes quick and thoughts cloud my head. A sob racks my body as I hear clothes shuffling, then soon see the shower door opening. My mate steps in, naked, might I add. My eyes shot straight to his, not daring to look any farther down. As soon as he sees me he wraps me in a hug, which causes me to break even more. He runs his fingers through my wet hair as I sob into his shoulder.

"It's okay, baby, everything will be alright." He whispers, holding me.

"No, it's not, I'm not ready to be queen. I need my father back." I sob, clutching him tighter to me.

"Stop lying, you're going to be an amazing queen." He says, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I want my father back, he was starting to change." I cry.

"Aria, this is a part of life, we will go through hard times but the important part is that we help each other through everything." Damon puts his hands on either side of my face, pulling my head up to look at him. "I hate seeing you like this."

"Kiss mate, pleaseee!"

I hear the voice in my head, but it's louder now. This voice always seems to give my courage to do anything, so I place a kiss on Damon's lips.

"Ahh, mate is so tasty." The voice says again, It's never said anything like that before.

"Hello, Aria, my name is Kai. I'm your wolf!"

Wait what? I quickly push Damon away and clutch my head. Did I finally get my wolf?

"Yes, you did. I've never been able to reach you like this before, but mates mark made it possible."