{fifteen}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

Being Queen is hard work, I didn't realize my mother did this much. It's been a week since the coronation and let's just say I've been busy.

I've had multiple meetings, I've visited all of the different schools of the village, helped design some of the new pack house, and make sure everything is running smoothing throughout the whole Kingdom. I've become much closer to a few of the people I work with, such as Daniel's mate, Claire, and a few of the top warriors.

I've barely seen Damon, we both work all day and then are exhausted by the time we see each other. It's been hard not being able to talk to him and connect with him. Our wolves have felt the disconnection and have been yearning to see each other more than a few minutes a night.

I'm currently walking through the village, towards the worksite of the new pack house. Damon has been working with the rest of the warriors, he says 'it helps me bond with them and be the King, I want to be.' Once I arrive at the worksite, I see my sweaty mate holding up a wall frame. His shirt is off and his muscles are bulging as he holds up the heavy wall. The pack house was almost done with the framing and in a month or two, it'll be finished. He must have sensed me as he look directly over to me and makes eye contact. He gives me a wink and mouths 'one minute'. They nail in the wall Damon was holding, he makes sure it's in place before he jogs over to me.

"Hey baby, what're you doing here?" Damon asks, after giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I finally have a day-off and wanted to see you." I say, smiling up at him. I really want him to take the day-off with me but I doubt he's able to. He takes his royal-duties very seriously which makes me so proud.

"Really? Well if you have nothing to do, I'll pack up my stuff here and spend the day with you." He says.

"Are you sure you're able to?" I ask, unsure if he's truly free all day or just saying it because I was here.

"Of course, unless you don't want to spend time with me." He says, grabbing some of his stuff from the worksite.

"NO, no no no, I want to spend time with you." I panic.

"I was just joking, A." He laughs, then he leans down and captures my lips with his. A round of cheers and catcalls come from the men on the worksite. Damon pulls away, still laughing. He turns around and gives the men on the worksite a glare, signaling them to quite down.

"Hey Blake, I'm leaving, you're in charge." Damon says, still smiling.

"Yes, Your Majesty." A warrior says from the worksite.