Chapter 9

I sit next to Aspen as Aiden tells me everything that I have missed the training that has been going on since I have been asleep. It almost feels like the old times before all this shit happened.

"So Olivia showed up and was talking shit so I was like no she isnt. So Aiden made her run like fifty extra miles." Sam says.

I shake my head and laugh as Sam and Danny reinact the scene. Both acting like they are teenage girls.

"She started bitching so Aiden added more miles. I mean she was badmouthing my favorite person on the entire world. I have never seen a pack so pissed to be running more miles. That girl is going to be so hated." Danny says. I shake my head and laugh.

"So what has been happening with the rouges?" I ask.

"Nothing really they are sniffing around the border more now that we found the wolfs bane." Aiden says.

"That doesn't sit right with me." I say.

"That's what I said. They have been way more active. Murphy said they never come snooping around like this so he is on edge. It doesn't help that he was no where to be seen in the three weeks that you were down. Anytime I would come to see you once I woke up he was there. We had to burn the wolfsbane to get rid of it. It was bad." Aiden says.

"Well good for him but it still doesn't explain the increase in rouge activity." I say. Aiden shifts in his seat and winces. I look a Aiden and raise an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask.

"Nothing." Everyone in the room tenses up at the question. I can hear Aiden's pulse accelerate and he looks down at his lap. 

"Why are you lying to me?" I ask.

"Adalynn I'm not lying." Aiden gets up but I can tell it puts him in pain. I grab his arm and yank him down into his seat. He lets out a growl and I bare my teeth at him.

"What the hell happened!?" I yell. Everyone jumps and looks at me.

Danny and Sam start to get up and I growl at the both of them and they sit back down in their chairs. I can hear all of their hearts pounding in their chest. 

"Someone want to tell me the truth?" I ask. Everyone is looking at each other and I can tell they are speaking to each other through mind link.

"Someone speak." I say loosing all patience I have left.

"If we tell you, you have to promise you wont get mad and do anything." Aiden says.

"Fine I wont do anything I promise." I say.

"Well once I woke up me and Murphy got into it arguing back and forth and I guess I hit a nerve when I brought up the safety of you and the safety of his pack. He got angry and lashed out and as you know a wound from an Alpha takes longer to heal." Aiden lifts his shirt up and exposes a huge gash on his side.

"I'm going to shred him into a million pieces." I jump up and Aspen grabs  my arm.

"You promised Addy." 

"Fuck that. Murphy thinks he can do as he pleases I will show him not to fuck with my friends." I yank my arm out of Aspen's grasp. I storm out of the room and I can hear shouting following me. I follow Murphy's scent all the way to the gym. Eyes follow me as I enter. 

"Adalynn?" I hear my dad ask. I ignore him and tap Murphy on the shoulder he turns around and before anyone can react Ive sent Murphy all the way across the room into a weight bench.

*****

LESSON 1 FROM ADALYNN DONT FUCK WITH HER FRIENDS.