Chapter 22

I wake up to screaming and howling. I look around the room and realize I am in my room still fully clothed from last night. I jump up and pull on my boots and sprint out the door. As I make it through the door I am knocked down and I hear growling. I turn and realize its a rouge. I leap off the porch and narrowly miss the wolf. I roll across the ground tearing my jeans and skinning my arm in the process. All around me people are dropping like flies on both sides. I make my way through the fighting making my way to the pack house.

Anyone!

Addy!

Aspen!

What the hell happened?!

They got through early this morning. Finn says through the bond.

How did no one know?! I yell as I dodge another rouge.

I don't know. I mean the patrol didn't pick anything up until it was to late. They only picked up a human scent right before the first attack. Danny pipes up.

They have humans as their shields their is no way to prepare anyone for that. The rouges are getting bolder. They are working together they might as well be a pack. I say. I grab the rouge closest to me and snap their legs making them whimper in pain. The pack house comes into view and my heart stops in my chest. It is on flames and all I can hear is screaming. The screams of children making me want to vomit all over the yard.

The pack house. I say.

Addy don't its to dangerous. Aspen says.

I have to. I bolt into the house looking for the kids. I can hear the cries of the children up the stairs. The entire house is filling with smoke and I can hear the boards creaking as the fire starts spreading throughout the house.

"Hello!" I yell.

"In here!" I touch the door knob and jerk by hand away. I can smell the burnt flesh and it makes my nose scrunch up. I look around for anything coughing as smoke pools out of the room. I pull my shirt up covering my nose. I kick the door in and see two little girls sitting in the room huddled together crying.

"Come on girls!" I extend my hands out to them and hold them close to my chest. I look around the hall but I cant see an exit. The only way out is through the window. I run to the door keeping the girls close to me. I throw the windows open and look around for something. The pool is almost directly below me.

"Alright girls i'm going to drop you in and ill be down after I finish checking the house." I say.

"No please!" The smallest girl clutches me tight.

"Nothing is going to happen to you I promise. I wont let anyone hurt you."

I'm dropping two girls in the pool be there when they hit the water get them out. I say.

I will but I also need you to get the hell out Addy I cant loose you too. I don't think I can handle loosing another mate. Aspen says.

I wont leave you here by yourself. I don't say anything else in fear that I might not be able to keep anymore promises.

I turn away after I see Aspen get them from the pool. I can hear more screaming and they sound like they are in pain. I open every door checking every room I come across. The last room is in front of me and as soon as I opened the door I let out a scream. The bodies within are so badly burnt and they look like a dripping oozing mess. I cover my nose and make it down the stairs coughing. I burst out the house just in time for the house to go up in flames. I turn around and face a whole nother hell.

*******

SO POOR BABYDOLL HAD TO SEE SOMETHING SO HORRIBLE.