Chapter 43

Aspen, Gray, Knox, Kason, Rhett, Hailey, and I push through the brush around the plantation and I see Travis walking around the main living room with a look on his face. He looks like he is angry and I see a young man walking in just as Travis slings the chair at the boy. Everything in me wants to jump up and stop him from hurting the boy. Aspen grabs my hand pulling me down apparently knowing what I am thinking. I fall back next to him and the others. I look at him and he lets go of my wrist. I move with the first team. I look over and see Uriel, Aden, Sadie, Dante, Reed, and Ezra moving in on the other side.

I move closer to the window just as the glass shatters and the boys lifeless body is tossed through it. I move and jump through just as Travis turns around and looks at me. Aspen keeps everyone on the ground waiting for my signal.

"So they sent a women to kill me? Oh how the times have changed." Travis says. He picks up his whiskey glass and looks at me with a grim look on his face.

"I don't understand how you could turn against your people?" I say.

"They turned on me. They did this to themselves. I don't know why they have spun this tale to make me the villain. I knew how we could strengthen our numbers yet they turned against me. My wife even thought me to be a monster do you know how that feels?" He ask.

"Yeah I do but I didn't want to expose our world to the mortals and I didn't want to kill entire packs because of a mistake of a few people." I say. The weight of the world falling onto my shoulders.

"So this is why they choose you to kills me? Because you and I are not so different." He says.

"No your daughter choose me." I say. Travis spins around just as the others come rushing in.

"Well if she hated me so much she would have done it herself. That is the problem with the wolves now. They send others to clean up their messes. I am not the only one who is after you all. I am just the first to come forward and decide that I wanted to do it now. And I knew you were coming if you really want to know the truth I could smell you from a mile away. I just hope you didn't leave your home defenseless." I step forward pulling the blade from my back.

"No we didn't leave the people we love without protection. And when the others decide it is time they will dies just as you did. By my hand." I kiss his lips and slide the blade through his neck. He drops to the floor wide eyed.

Aspen grabs Travis's head and throws it in the bag.

"Time to go and help the others. I just hope that Violet was able to reason with them." I say.
~~~~~
When we get back there are men and women knelt down in defeat a few bodies lay at Murphys feet. I hop out of the SUV and open the bag.

"He is dead so you can choose to either stand with us or die like the others." Murphy says.

Violet stands next to Murphy her eyes scanning the crowds. No one moves to make a move against Murphy.

"You can be better then what Travis has made you, but I will tell you one thing and that is if you decide this isn't for you being a rouge is not a option it is with a pack or dead you can choose your path."
*******
I KNOW TRAVIS'S DEATH WAS VERY ANTICLIMATIC BUT I AM HONESTLY RUNNING OUT OF IDEAD. I MAY DECIDE TO GO BACK AND EDIT THIS LATER.