Chapter 16

The morning sun makes the fog near the open feild look like a thousand ghost swarming ready to kill. I sit on the ground tracing the flowers on my stomach and the flowers on my leg. I close my eyes and remember the pain I went through to get this tattoo. The fire and branding I had to go through to get the pattern to stay on my skin. I lift my fingers and smile as I see Danny and Sam messing around as they make their way to me. I stand up and brush myself off.

"So everyone is on their way including Murphy he wants to watch you and see what all you teach them." Danny says.

"Aiden said he would call you when he gets back." Sam looks at me with a saddened smile.

"Its fine. He missed his mate. I don't know why he volunteered to come along when he knew I was coming." I say.

"He knew seeing Murphy might mess with your head and he didn't want to leave his best friend to deal with it on your own." Jack pipes up.

"Well it didn't." I say.

"No you are our hero." Danny says. Jason runs up and tackles Jack to the ground and laughs when Jason squeals like a little girl. I fall to my knees holding my stomach in laughter. I stand back up and look at Jason.

"Its not  funny Addy." Jason gets up and wipes himself off. 

"Well the whole scream sure as hell was funny. I mean you nailed the whole girl screaming thing" I laugh. Jason looks at me and then full on tackles me to the ground. I let put of a huff as I hit the ground.

"Take it back!" He yells. I look at Jason and keep laughing at him.

"Damn it Addy take it back." I laugh even harder. I hear talking and I elbow Jason in the ribs. He grips my arm and I spin around and smack him in the back of the leg and he falls. I grip his arm and pull it behind his back.

"Now apologize." I say.

"Sorry Addy." I laugh and let his arm go. The field starts to fill up with people as I move away from Jason. 

"Addy you didn't hurt Jason did you?" I turn around and Aspen is looking at me.

"No I would never hurt Jason." I say.

Aspen shakes his head and looks at the guys. I shake my head and move towards where the others have gathered.

"Alright everyone shut up and pay attention!" I yell. The entire field goes completely quiet.

"Good. Alright so in the time I was out Aiden said he worked on cardio but that's bullshit. I don't need you knowing how to run from them I want you to fight. Running is important do get me wrong but knowing how to kill them and stand is also a great asset."

"So basically you want us to be mindless killers." A girl pipes up.

"Yeah just like her." The girl next to her whispers. 

Aspen looks at me and the guys move in tighter. I move out away from the guys and closer to the girl who decided to crack some jokes.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Mary." The girl says. She looks at her friend and laughs.

"And your friends name?" I ask.

"Ella." She says.

"Well i'm not a mindless killer. I kill to protect my Alpha. I am loyal to the ones I love." I say.

"You're not loyal. You ran from this pack." Ella says.

"I didn't run from the pack." I say.

"Yes you did as soon as you were rejected you ran as fast as you could away from here." Mary says.

I can hear the blood rushing in my ears. I look at the girls and I close my eyes.

"You don't know what its like. When you are rejected its like everything in you dies. It's like nothing matters. You feel like the goddess has made a mistake and why would she let you get paired with someone so cruel." I say. I look up and catch Murphy's eyes and feel awful but I keep talking.

"Your world comes crashing down and its like the air around you is filled with toxic gas and you cant breathe and the only thing you can do is either agree with the rejection or die fighting it. Its one of those things where you either run or die." I say.

Everyone is looking at me as I look at Mary and Ella. I shake my head and close my eyes.

"I will show you how a rouge fights." I say. I look at the crowd of people. "Who wants to volunteer?" I ask.

No one steps forward and I hear someone moving through the crowd. Murphy stands next to Ella and Mary and he pushes Mary forward.

"I think she wants to." Murphy says. Mary looks at me with wide eyes and moves forward.

"A rouge doesn't think with its mind like we do." I say. "They want to cause the most amount of damage possible without getting themselves killed. A rouge is about themselves they want to be respected amongst themselves. They don't have an alpha they are chaos. They dont fear dying they don't want to due but they don't fear it." I say.

Everyone is looking at me as I talk. Mary looks at me with scared eyes. Her eyes following my every move jumping as I move around.  I watch Mary and jump at her. She lets out a startled scream and I pin her to the ground.

"Never let your guard down. They are looking for your weaknesses." I say. I move and let Mary get up. I move around the group and pin a few people before they realize what is going on.

"Don't be scared to hit a girl. They may be what stands between you and your mate." I say to a guy I just pinned. 

"This is your life use what you can to protect yourself. I'm only here for a week and then it is up to you to be the best you can be." I say. "You are the final line between them and the ones you love. One thing that is going to sound crazy is don't fight for your Alpha fight for the people you love the people at home who want you to come back home. As bad as it is to say there will always be someone to become the Alpha but your family is one of a kind." I say.

"That sounds harsh." Mary says.

"It does I get the Alpha is one person but you also have to protect the ones you love with your life." I say.

"But you protect your Alpha. We've heard the stories about you." Ella says.

"I protect Aspen because I love him. He is someone who I would gladly give my life for and that's not because he is my Alpha." I say.

They all nod and look at me with understanding on their faces.

"Pair up and spar try to catch your partner off guard the more times you can do it the better it will be for you." I say. Everyone pairs up and starts sparing. I walk around adjusting where I can and I see the potential in these people to be great. Like this pack used to be.

*******

SO  A LITTLE SAPPY A LITTLE SOMETHING. I KNOW THIS IS SUPER CLICHE AND I AM SORRY BUT THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT A CLICHE STORY THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY! POSITIVITY ONLY AND SO MUCH LOVE.