Chapter 19

Anna smiles at me as we meet them at the top of the hill. I smile back at her and she pulls me into a hug. 

"They looked so good. They are ready for anything." She says.

"I sure hope so." I shake my head and follow everyone back towards dad's house.  Anna loops her arm through mine and pulls me along inside the house. We pass the kitchen heading straight for her room.

"So I went through your things and brought over an outfit. I know you didn't want to have to wear work out gear to your dinner." Anna says.

"I don get why Alpha Michael is making such a big deal about us leaving." I say. I pick up the clothes and walk into the bathroom.

"It's not that big of a deal Addy. He is just thanking you. I mean we all know Murphy wasn't going to do it so he stepped up and did it." Anna says.

I strip all of my sweaty clothes off and step into the shower. The warm water washing all the sweat off my body. I grab a rag and wash my body listening to Anna singing in her room. I finish up and wrap a towel around my body. I crack the door to hear Anna.

"Why even put in the effort? I mean me and Murphy have put everything behind us and there is no point in trying to do anything about it. I'm happy with Aspen." I say. 

"We all know you are happy with Aspen even Michael said something about it." Anna says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Really. Every one can see the way you two look at each other even before you felt the connection. You are fiercely protective of each other. Like when Murphy tried talking to you in the beginning you could see how much it pained Aspen at the idea of you finding your way back to Murphy but he let you go because he loves you. The way you two react to one another is the way people who at genuinely in love with each other act. Like the night out in the yard when you all were dancing. I bet you didn't notice Murphy was there." Anna looks at me as I pull the shirt on.

"No I didn't notice he was there." I say.

"Because the only thing that mattered to you was Aspen in that moment." Anna says.

"I guess your right." I put my earrings in and finish my outfit. I open my phone and go to Pinterest looking for hair ideas. I finally find one and I look at Anna.

"Can you do this?" I ask. She nods and smiles at me.

When she is done I smile and look at the completed look in her mirror

"Thank you." 

"Not a problem but we better go before the guys come after us." I nod and follow her down the stairs.

"About time." I hear all the guys grumbling.

"Well I don't want to look like a potato thank you very much." I say. Jack looks at Danny and they start laughing. I stick my tongue out at them and I feel an arm snake around my waist and I look up at Aspen.

"You never look like a potato." He says.

"Now whos lying." I say. He laughs and kisses the side of my head.

"Alright lets go before they send a search party for us." Sam says. Dad nods and we start for the pack house.

*******

SO ANY GUSSES FOR WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY DOING THIS DINNER FOR?

AND WHO DO YOU LIKE MORE?

MURPHY

ASPEN

????