Chapter 33

Weird how sitting in a room of Alphas trying to stop our impending doom is something you get used to. The constant arguing back and forth. The threats they throw out so empty. I sit in a room full of egos and i'm the only women in the room. The rest of the lunas are waiting in the den doing goddess knows what.

"Well I just don't see why we need to help when it wasn't any of our packs involved in the banishment to begin with." Alpha Warren says.

Mumbles of agreement are heard throughout the room and Aspen and Murphy look at each other with worry written all over their faces. Idiots.

"You know why you need to help, because when Travis is done with the packs that had something to do with his banishment do you really think he is just going to stop. No! He is going to continue his path of destruction and we will be found. We have lived in the shadows for centuries and now this idiot is making junkie weres and you want to know why you need to help. How about your lunas, the kids, the families that stay with you and follow blindly because they believe you have the answer. I'm not saying you have to fight yourself but open it up to volunteers. I'm not making anyone fight against Travis, but his daughter is missing and his wife has long been dead. This makes our bargaining chip disappear. I'm not going to beg any of you egotistical jack asses to help but if you want its be great because he isn't stopping with a few packs." I say. My breathing has become heavier and the room has become so silent you can hear the fluttering of the flies wings on the window seal. Each Alpha staring at the one next to him.

"Well if she doesn't make me feel like a complete arse." Alpha Bran says. He has a smile on his face and is looking around the room at the shell shocked Alphas.

"Right." All the Alphas that were in protest are now looking at Murphy and Aspen for more information.

"We will send fighters under one condition." Alpha Wren says.

"What's that?" Murphy ask.

"Any fighters we send are under her command." Wren points at me and all the others nod in agreement.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Murphy says. Aspen nods in agreement.

*************

Wren, Warren and Bran stay around after the others have all left. I bring in some beers and we all sit around the table.

"You are one headstrong women." Bran says.

"I do what I can, but I mean someone had to get under the skin of the sticks in the mud. I swear that was like sitting in a room full of old Alphas." I say.

"Tell me about it and the sad part is they are all our age." Warren says.

"They are scared of the outcome of the war. I mean it will change things for everyone. If we fail and he manages to take us out then he floods out into the open and anyone is fair game. Travis has this twisted image of how we should be. We live in the shadows and he doesn't want to live in the world like that. This is how it has always been and its not bound to change anytime soon." I just hope we are able to stop him before too much damage is done." I say.

"You inspire masses Addy. You would make one hell of an Alpha." Wren says.

"I don't think that is the role I am destined to take, but thank you." I say.

"Maybe but I think you would make an amazing leader." Wren insist.

"She will make an amazing luna and beta." Aspen says. He kisses my head and I smile.

"Well when we call be ready it can be any day."

The room is silent once again as we sip on our beers and wait for the unknown to come knocking on our door.

*************

TA-DA SORRY GUYS HOT A WRITERS BLOCK BUT THANK YOU FIR THE SUPPORT. IT HONESTLY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME. I PROMISE I WILL GET BACK TO WRITING AND FINISHING THIS UP SOON. MUCH LOVE