Chapter 14

All the guys look at me like I am crazy when I run upstairs to the closet in the hall and grab three mason jars. I hand Aiden, Aspen, and Danny one and i head back outside. The bugs light up the night sky and make it look like a fairy world.  Aspen looks at me and smiles as I run after the lightning bugs. I turn and look at the guys staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"We have never seen you so happy." Sam laughs.

"Never like this at least." Jack says.

"Yeah I mean you look so peaceful its nice." Aiden says. The guys start competing with each other on who can get the most lightning bugs.

"You seem happy." I hear Aspen say.

"I am. For once everything seems to be falling into place." I say.

"I'm happy for you." I smile at Aspen and chase after the guys. I continue to catch more bugs and fill up more than half of Aspen's jar. He put a few in there but I did the majority. The guys start to fight for each others jars. 

I shake my head and catch another one. I jump up and down and run and put it in Aspen's jar. I look and the guys have finally started running around with me catching the bugs. I catch a few more and run back to Aspen. He is sitting on the porch steps. I put them in the jar and set them on the step next to Aspen. Dad and Anna turn on some music inside the house. I smile and shake my head.

I pull Aspen up and onto the porch.  When you got a good thing by Lady Antebellum starts playing and I cant help but smile. Aspen pulls me close to him and starts to sway.  I lay my head against his chest and we move back and forth.

Aspen starts singing in my ear making me feel like a puddle of emotion.

"So baby, hold on tight
Don't let go
Hold onto the love we're making
'Cause baby when the ground starts shakin'
You gotta know when you've got a good thing
You know you keep on bringin' out the best of me
And I need you now even more than the air I breathe"

I smile as we sway listening to him sing. I lean my head up and look up at Aspen and I see the man that had his heart broken because his mate died in his arms. The man that despite it all still helped me out even when he was breaking apart at the seams. This man who is my second chance at love and the man I cant help but fall in love with every day because he is the kindest man in the world. The way he cares so fiercely for his people and the people he loves.

"What are you thinking about?" He ask.

"About how lucky I am to be surrounded with the people I love when it seems like this pack right here is falling apart." I say.

"I think they are lucky to have you." Aspen says. He kisses me on the top of my head.

I smile at the shift in the songs and I smile. I look at Aspen one last time and I sway to the music as I enjoy the feeling of being in his arms. I love the way I feel at home in his arms. I have always felt like Aspen was my home and I have always been at peace with him. I let myself sway with him. I hear the guys rough housing and I look over Aspen's shoulder and I see Aiden on the phone and by his expression I know he is talking to Ansley. I tuck my head back into Aspens shoulder and let the world just fade away.

"This is perfect." I whispher.

"That it is." Aspen says. 

I smile and close my eyes as we continue to sway with the music. The air and the moonlight making this one of the best nights I've had in a long time.

*******

SHORT SWEET CHAPTER. FLUFFY SWEETNESS. SO THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE IN MURPHY'S POV BUT IT WILL BE SHORT.