Chapter 21

The night is so clear it is almost hypnotic. I close my eyes and listen to the crickets chirping and the guys laughing at each other. It is peaceful. The flames coming from fire pit in the main yard is glowing. I reach into the cooler and grab my drink. I follow the gravel path towards the fire pit. I feel someone come up behind me and I tense up and relax when I turn around. Aspen is looking at me and smiling down at me.

"I see you have your Mike." Aspen says.

"Yes I do." I say. He laughs and laces his hand with mine and walks with me to the guys. Murphy, Finn, Ned, Jason, Jack, Sam, and Danny are all laughing and looking at each other and goofing off. Aspen sits down and pulls me onto his lap. I lift the glass to my lips let the liquid slide down my throat. 

"How do you drink those fruity drink?" Murphy ask.

"It takes like mountain dew to me." I say.

"There is barley any alcohol in it." Murphy says.

"Exactly. So it takes like four times as long to get anywhere near tipsy." I say. The guys look at me and laugh.

"So what about you Aspen?" Murphy ask.

"I don't drink." He says.

"Why not?" Ned ask.

"He likes to be on his best game. I mean he will drink but not as much as me and the boys throw down, but don't let that fool you he can drink anyone under the table." I say. Aspen shakes his head at me and I stick my tongue out at him.

I finish my drink and toss it into the fire. The heat from the fire makes my face heat up. I turn my face away from everyone and look at Aspen. He smiles and kisses the tip of my nose. 

"Your face is so red." Aspen laughs.

"It's from the fire." I say. I cross my arms and lean back away from him and he smiles even wider.

"Well you look adorable." He says.

"Thank you. So how long did you know that dad and Anna wanted to join our pack?" I ask.

"Just since before we went to the house for you to get ready. And our pack?" He ask.

I look away from Aspen my face. The heat that had finally left my face has come back.

"It's cute. I mean I didn't know you thought of it as our pack but I like it." Aspen says his voice kind of raised.

"Shh!" I say. He looks at me and starts laughing which gets the attention of everyone. I look at him and he has this look in his eyes and I can tell it means he is up to no good. 

"What I mean its only natural-" I cut him off by slamming my lips to his. The feeling of his lips on mine makes me feel like jell-o. He feels like home and when I am in his arms I am safe. I pull away from his lips and he looks at me. His eyes clouded. 

"I'm sor-" He cuts me off by slamming his lips to mine. I can hear the cat calls and the whistles but at this point I don't care. My hands slide up around his neck to pull myself closer to him. I can feel myself loosing breath and we pull away from each other. His eyes staring into my soul. He pecks me on the lips one last time and I feel like i'm on cloud nine.

"Well that took a lot less time than I thought it would for them to kiss publicly." Jason says. Danny nods in agreement laughing and falling over in laughter.

All I can do is look at Aspen and ignore the guys that are around us.

***********

YES I KNOW SHORT. LOVE ME.