Chapter 17

Your P.O.V
Waking up in Harry's arm was something I doubt I'd ever get use to. His curls were messy and flopped effortlessly to the side as he slept soundly. His breathing was light and comforting. Even in his sleep, he was the most handsome person I'd ever laid eyes on. Slowly, I pulled out of his hold, a light grunt left his lips from the sudden movement. I stopped in mid movement as Harry stirred in his sleep, finally letting go of his hold on me as he turned to the other side, eyes still clamped shut as he carried on sleeping. I smiled to myself before grabbing a towel and heading into the shower.
The hot water tingled against my bare skin as I stood under the shower, soaking in the heat of the water. After mindlessly washing and conditioning my hair, I stepped out and wrapped the towel around my bare torso before unlocking the door and heading towards my bedroom. I wasn't surprised when I saw a still sleeping Harry. The covers were on the floor and harry was sprawled across the bed, taking advantage of having a double bed all to himself. I stared at the sleeping figure, lying there in just his boxers. His tanned skin only added to his beauty. I pulled myself out of my thoughts as I decided on something appropriate to wear for the day. I knew first impressions mattered and i wanted to show how confident i was through the way i was dressed. i looked through some dresses and tops before finally settling with a chiffon top and high waisted shorts.
image
By the time I had finished changing, harry began stirring in bed indicating he was waking up from his deep trance. I quickly put on some shoes before heading out to the local cafe to grab some breakfast and coffee for us both. It only took me 5 minutes to walk and the line wasn't long, which meant I was on my way back to my dorm in no time.
I walked into my bedroom only to find a confused Harry sat on the corner of my bed staring at his phone. His gaze fell on me as I pulled off my shoes. His eyes never left mine as I made my way to the bed and sat down beside him and rested my head against his chest. "I was wondering where you went, I tried to call.." His voice trailed off, as his body stayed motionless beside me. I encircled my arms around his waist and placed a light kiss against his bare chest. "I went to get some breakfast and my phones on charge" I whispered. His body seem to twitch at the sound of my voice and I noticed goose bumps form on his arms. I lifted my arm up and began tracing imaginary patterns against his arm as he hummed in response enjoying the small gesture. We stayed in that position before I realised our breakfast must be getting cold. I moved out of his hold and walked to the door way. "Shower while I set up breakfast babe" I said to Harry before heading into the kitchen.
I plated up breakfast and double checked our coffees were still warm before harry walked in, a white T-shirt hugging his body, with a dark plaid shirt i had instantly fell in love with and he finished it off with his statement black skinny jeans. I could make out the outlines of his muscles as he made his way to the table. We sat in comfortable silence as we ate. "So.." Harry said, making me look up from my plate. I hummed in response. "Are you nervous babe?" He asked me. I could hear the concern in his voice. "A little but I'm glad I have you by my side" I replied with a smile on my face. Harry placed a hand over mine as he gazed into my eyes. "I'll always be by your side" he whispered making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy once again. I jumped up from my seat and sat on his lap, placing small kisses all over his face. "And I'll always be by your side." I whispered in his ear before nibbling on his earlobe. His arms snaked their way around my waist before placing a delicate kiss to my lips. He always managed to leave a tingling sensation against my skin.
—————————————————————
The hour ride to Cheshire was full of silly car games and reassuring words from Harry. He knew I was nervous, every time I would stare out the window he'd place a hand against my knee before giving it a small squeeze. I'd smile and he would focus his gaze back on the road. I've met my exes parents before and it did not go well. I guess that's why I was so much more nervous to get Harry's parents approval.
I snapped out of my thoughts when Harry pulled up in a drive way. I stepped out the car and made my way to Harry who had his arm stretched out, waiting to hold my hand. "They'll love you" he whispered in my ear before knocking on the door. The door opened and in the door way stood Anne. I felt the palms of my hand begin to sweat. "Mum this is Y/N. Y/N this is mum" Harry said as he introduced us in a vague way. me and Anne laughed at harry being childish. "H-hello Mrs Twist, it's nice to finally meet you" I said with a shy smile. Anne smiled back, "please just call me Anne. It's nice to finally meet you too" she said before moving to the side to let us in. We sat in the living room beside Robin and Gemma. After brief introductions I felt my body relax a little. So far so good I thought to myself. They asked questions about university and what I wanted to do after I finished. Gemma gave me some funny advice on the things I could get up to in Uni without getting caught by any tutors. I laughed at her silliness. Harry on the other hand was not pleased and voiced his opinions on the idea. Although their personalities were completely different, I could see the resemblance between Harry and Gemma. They both had that beautiful smile which has noticeably been inherited from Anne and also their dark brown hair. Although Gemma had dyed hers to a temporary blonde which also made her look beautiful.
Things were going well until the conversation took a drastic change. Anne began firing questions at me which I found hard to answer.
"What's it like dating Harry?" She asked. I smiled thinking it was an innocent question. "It's certainly different. But I respect his job and if I'm honest it's just like dating a normal person which an abnormal job" I smiled at Harry as I answered the question and he responded with a kiss on the cheek.
"You're not like the other girls Harry's dated" Anne said. Now that statement caught me off guard but I tried to brush off how uncomfortable it made me feel. "Mum!" I heard Harry say in a low voice. "But it's true" Anne replied, staring into my eyes. I stuttered as I answered. "I.. W-what do you mean?" I tried my hardest not to voice how upset that made me feel.
"I mean, your the only NORMAL girl Harry's brought home since One Direction" she emphasised normal and I felt my body tense. What was she trying to imply?
Harry's P.O.V
I felt Y/N's body tense beside me as I tried to catch her gaze. Her eyes met the floor as she tried to process what mum had just said. Gemma and Robin were sat on the sofa beside mum watching us intently, a frightened look etched on both their faces. I didn't know what to say. My mum and my girlfriend.. This put me in an awkward situation. Y/N's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "What are you trying to say.." she said in a quiet voice which contradicted the usual happy person she is. I was scared about what mum would say next. I stared in her eyes, silently warning her to think before she speaks. She shook her head at me before focusing her hard stare on Y/N who's eyes were still locked to the floor. "What I'm saying is that.. Well.. Harry has a lot of money. You are beautiful and I can see Harry's fallen for your charm" mum began to say before I cut her off. "Mum please stop" I said in a warning tone, begging her with my eyes for her to stop before someone says something they'll regret. "And you get along with the fans quiet well. You enjoy the cameras.." Mum carried on saying. I couldn't think of anything to say or do to make the situation better. I looked to my side and saw the most heartbreaking sight. Y/N had her head bent low, eyes still fixed to the ground. Tears fell on the cold hard floor, splattering into a pool of tears as she heard the words that made her heart clench. I grabbed her hand, trying hard to suppress the hurt she was feeling, but she pulled her hand away. The gesture left me shocked.
Your P.O.V
I pulled away from Harry's touch, the simple gesture only breaking my heart more. I never in a million years thought someone would accuse me of using someone for money and fame. Especially when that someone is the one person my heart ached for. I felt embarrassed to be crying in front of Harry's family but my heart had different thoughts to my mind and the tears began falling. I understood Anne was only concerned for Harrys well being. My rejection to Harry's touch was not left unnoticed. Anne's voice ringing in my ear.
"Harry, she knows she's been caught and now she's embarrassed by your touch" before anyone could say anything to that horrible statement my phone began ringing, making me jump from my fragile state. I quickly stood up not giving in to anyone's gaze as I made my way to the corridor. My eyes were blurry from the tears that had formed, I wiped them away as I stared at my phone, not recognising the caller. I quickly pressed the green button before putting the phone against my ear.
"Hello is this Y/N Y/L/N?" The unfamiliar male voice said. I replied with a small yes. "We received your form for the internship a couple weeks ago and I am happy to say you got it. Everyone at radio1 are eager to meet you. You will be put in a group with the other interns. Is that okay?" I could feel the excitement bubble in my body. "Yes! That's amazing!" I replied back, completely lost for words. The caller laughed as he continued. "We will email you all the details. Thank you for your time Y/N" he said before cutting the line. I was ecstatic, and all I wanted to do was jump and scream in happiness. But that happiness was short lived as I saw two figures standing in the door way, watching my every move. Harry had a hint of excitement in his eyes, and I smiled at him in response. But the look on Anne's face was less than comforting. "Who was that?" Harry said in a calm tone. I hesitated before replying. "I.. Umm I applied for an internship at radio1 a couple of months ago and they called to say I've got it" I said with a small smile. Harry made his way over to me and engulfed me in a big hug. "I'm so proud of you" he whispered in my hair making me smile widely.
I heard someone clear their throat making me release my hold on harry. "This only just proves me right to what I said before. We all know harry is good friends with the people at radio 1 and one of his good friends is the main broadcaster" Anne said to Harry, not acknowledging my presence. Harry stiffened beside me. I felt my heart tear up again; i just wish harry wasn't believing all of annes assumptions. I didn't want to be the reason behind Anne and Harry falling out, so I decided to speak up.
"Anne I promise you I'm not using harry for his money or the fame. I fell for him, I fell for him hard and it took me a while to admit that to him" I took a deep breath before continuing. "I respect harry and I respect the work he does and I understand how hard he's worked to be here" I smiled at harry who was watching me intently, a small smile gracing his lips as he heard what I had to say. "I'm only looking out for my son.." Anne said and I nodded in response. "I know. And if it helps prove anything, I wont take the internship at radio1" I said to Anne with a small smile. Before any one could respond to what I said, I grabbed my purse and walked out the house. I stood beside Harry's car and let the tears fall. I knew from the very start I wasn't good enough for Harry and his mum admitting she thought the same only hurt me more. Saying no to the internship was one way of proving I wasn't with Harry just for the opportunities. I want to get far in this world on my own, without the help of harry. I was grateful to only have his support in the decisions I made.
—————————————————————
Harry's P.O.V
I walked into the kitchen motioning mum to follow me. Gemma and Robin walked in close behind. "Why did Y/N leave?" Gemma asked in concern. "She just needed some air" I said trying to keep my anger from rising. I stared at mum, everything she had said to Y/N was rude and she barely gave her a chance. I was upset at the thought of the person I was falling for and my mother not getting along. "I.." Mum started but I cut her off.
"Mum please. You didn't give her a chance, if you knew how much hope she gives me and the rest of the boys.. If only you knew.." I could feel myself tearing up. Realisation hit me, what if I lose her? I can't lose her.. "Mum you were pretty harsh" Gemma said, as she gave me a sympathetic look. Everything went quiet for a minute.
"I'm sorry.." I heard mum say. I looked up to see tears form in her eyes. "I just want to keep my baby safe. And she isn't like any other girl you dated and I just wanted to make sure she wasn't using you.." I didn't say anything. I could see the regret in mums eyes. Slowly I made my way over to her and engulfed her in a tight hug. "I know mum, it's okay" I whispered in her hair, my tall figure meant mum barely made it past my shoulders. "Let's go get her.." Mum said as she let go of my hold and made her way outside.