Chapter 28

Harry's P.O.V
The American leg of the tour had come to an end. The four shows in staples was phenomenal and I couldn't have been more grateful for what the fans had done for us over the years. Because of them, me and the boys get to do what we love everyday and their support is the reason why they are the best fans ever. We finally made it back to our tour bus, saying goodbye to the 5 seconds of summer lads who were heading back to Australia before resting for the TCA's tomorrow.
I was excited, not only for the award show but because I finally get to see Y/N again. After she had accepted the job at one of her favourite radio stations, things became difficult for her and that was noticeable. She hadn't been on twitter for almost two weeks and she rarely stepped out the door, too scared about getting mobbed and the words she would have to hear over and over again. Many people kept saying she was with me for the opportunities and the fame, but no one knew her like I did. Like how the lads did. It hurt knowing she has to face this pain everyday and I'm not there to help her through it. It took days of convincing Y/N to allow me to buy her tickets to fly up to America and be my plus one at the TCA's the next day. It also gave me a chance to see her again after spending weeks apart.
We are still in the early stages of our relationship and I know this is all new to Y/N. She's never had a long distance relationship before and she's never dated someone in the limelight. It worried me. After her internship ended, she began getting a little distant with me and the lads and I wasn't the only one who noticed. I wondered whether she still wanted to be with me or not.
The thought alone made me feel nauseous. Even though we haven't been together for long, I can't imagine being without her. She does something to me, as hard as I try to describe it it's indescribable. From my heart I know she's the one. I just hope she feels it too. It frightens me to think that the paps and fans might have scared her off and she no longer wants to be with me.
But if she didn't want to be with me then she wouldn't be flying out to join me in America right? My thoughts are jumbled and my body is weak after the concert. I unlock my phone and stare at my wallpaper. The photo of me, Y/N and lux clouding my mind as I slowly fall in and out of my dreams.
——————————————
Loud voices drew me out of my sleepy state as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. The sun was setting outside and I wondered what all the commotion was about.
As I began walking away from the bunk area, I saw the boys huddled around someone. Beside the door of the tour bus was suit cases. My heart began beating when I heard the familiar sound of Y/N speaking. She was here! All the boys held her tightly, ignoring her words about not being able to breathe. I let out a chuckle and slowly the boys began to pull apart.
Y/N's eyes were on me as the boys smiled from ear to ear. I could tell she was blushing, her eyes connecting with the floor as she smiled too.
"I guess we'll leave you both to it" Liam said with a wink. I couldn't stop myself as I chuckled again.
As the boys walked out of the tour bus, I closed the gap between me and Y/N. My long legs being an upside as I made it to her in just a few strides. She looked up as my arms snaked around her waist, lifting her off the ground and twirling her around in my arms. Y/N laughed loudly making me laugh too. I had missed that sound.
"Put me down Harry" Y/N shrieked as she lightly slapped my shoulder before her head rolled back in another fit of laughter.
"Not until you tell me you missed me" I said back in the same high pitched sound Y/N had used.
"I missed you Harry" she shrieked again. I found it amusing at how much she was laughing.
"No. Say it louder" I was laughing harder now, finding it difficult to stare up at her, laugh and twirl at the same time.
"I MISSED YOU HARRY" she shouted, her laughing filling up the whole of the tour bus. I was sure any body outside could hear the beautiful sound.
Gently, I placed her back on the ground. My arms still around her waist as her laughing died down and her arms snaked around my shoulders. Our lips locked in a loving kiss, a slight bit of longing as our lips moved in sync. I had missed these lips, and from the way her hand gently pulled at my hair, I could tell she missed mine too.
Too quickly the kiss ended and her head was placed against my chest. I placed a soft kiss on the top of her head as I breathed in her familiar scent. Coconut mixed in with a perfume I did not recognise yet it was still the most beautiful smell I had smelt.
"Creep, stop sniffing me" Y/N said in a playful tone. Damn she caught me. A smile spread across my face as we pulled away.
"Says the creep who keeps my t shirt beside her bed because it smells like me" I said back cheekily. My left eye dropped in a wink and her cheeks instantly reddened.
Y/N lightly slapped my chest. Before she could pull away, I grabbed her wrist and pushed her back in my chest again.
"Where do you think you're going?" I asked in a playful tone. I didn't give has a chance to reply as I pressed my lips against hers once more. I wanted to savour her taste, our lips fitting together. She was my missing puzzle piece...
For the second time we pulled away. My hand stayed tightly wrapped around her waist as we walked to the bunks. I motioned for her to lie down and I did the same. My head lying on her chest.
"How is work? Is Nick giving you a hard time?" I had been wanting to ask the question about work ever since I saw her. I knew Nick and the rest of the crew were making her feel at ease but I wanted to know whether she enjoyed it or not. Nick had been giving me regular updates on what was going on with the media and Y/N.
When she didn't reply, I tilted my head back so I had a full view of her face. I small frown was etched on her perfect lips making me frown too. I placed my thumb on her bottom lip and slowly outlined the shape. That seemed to calm Y/N down as she sighed deeply and parted her lips.
"Work is amazing, Nick is amazing, everyone at radio one is amazing..." She began to say. I noticed her hesitate as I patiently waited for her to continue. Her hand slipped into my messy bed hair as she connected her eyes with mine.
"But Harry..." Her bottom lip began to quiver and my hands circled around her waist in a tight and protective hold.
"Go on baby" I encouraged her, knowing it was best for her to let it all out instead of keeping it to her self.
"I'm scared to stay at home alone. People know where I live now and... And what they're saying... It's not true Harry. I would never use you, I would never do anything to hurt you" her voice was small as the tears seeped from her eyes.
My heart broke into pieces, I knew she was only trying to stay strong because she didn't want anyone to know the words were hurting her. I sat up and motioned for her to lie down on my chest. My hand slipped into her long hair as I gently massaged her scalp.
"Do you believe them Harry?" She asked after a couple minutes of silence. The thought of her thinking I believed what the media say about her hurt me.
"Never Y/N. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me. I'm a horrible boyfriend" my voice cracked. It was bad enough seeing Y/N cry, I didn't need to add to it.
"No Harry. You aren't at fault here, no one is. It's just a misunderstanding" her hand was placed under my chin, allowing both our eyes to connect.
Y/N held a small smile on her full lips, trying to make me feel better. But it should be the other way round, I should be making her feel better.
"They shouldn't be thinking like that though" I pouted, trying to lighten the mood. It seemed to work as Y/N began chuckling.
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinion boo" she replied. I could see the hurt behind her eyes, but they also showed a state of understanding. She was so reasonable...
"I don't like it" I muttered like a 5 year old. Y/N leaned in and pecked my cheek.
"Yeah yeah. Now can we cuddle? I've missed you" Y/N said in a cheerful tone. the smile on her face was contagious. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her warm embrace. I was beginning to get sick of the cold sheets.
"Of course my lady" I replied, slightly bowing my head in a playful manor.
"Oh Haz... You're perfect" she said as she pecked my nose.
My cheeks were hurting, smiling too wide in such a short period of time. We lay down comfortable in my small bunk as I held Y/N in my arms.