Act 1 Scene 2

In the dinning hall

Victoria's pov
  I took my seat across from my brother and the servers brought out our meals. For awhile we all ate in silence until my mother decided to break it.

  "So Victor, have you found a suitable maiden to marry yet?" Victor finished chewing and then spoke.

"No, I don't see why I have to marry a high classed lady. Why can't I marry someone in our kingdom," Victor slumped a little in his chair.

"You can marry someone of Vimore, we've given you a list and you've dinied them all!" My father shouted. Father rarely shouts at Victor although this case about Victor not agreeing to marry anyone has been greatly annoying him.

"Not some daughter of a business man. I'm talking more like a villager you know? Let someone who has nothing have the chance to have everything," fathers not going to like this answer. Father slammed his fist on the table.

"Victor you are royalty, we only marry someone of equal value or another high classed citizen. Not some low life peasant! I married your mother, who was a princess of another kingdom. And your sister, a princess is going to marry a Nohrian royal!" Victor's eyes widened at father last sentence.

"Victoria's getting married?" He questioned and then looked at me. I lowered my head and gave a slight nod.

"Italus," my mother softly chimed. "Would you mind filling the children in on our schedule for the next little while?" She gave him a soft smile that seemed to wash away his anger.

"Indeed Laverna. Next week we will depart to Nohr where we will stay for a few days then return back here. But Victoria will remain in Nohr and in about a months time she will marry and we will attend the ceremony", for the rest of the meal we ate in silence. When I was finished I excused my self and just wandered around the palace.

  I ended up outside at the gardens, one of my favourite places. I sat down at one of the benches and admired the sun setting, when I felt an extra body next to me.

  "Are you ok with this whole marriage thing?" It was Victor.

  "Not really, I would prefer to have the choice you have, you know picking out a spouse myself. But I can't go against fathers word." I sighed. "But enough about my situation, your still indirectly trying to convince father to let you marry Ashley," I giggled. Ashley is Victors girlfriend but no one but me and our retainers know. Victor sighed.

  "It seems like I'm fighting a losing battle. I'm sure it won't be long before father chooses a bride for me," he put his head in his hands.

  "What will you two do in that case?" I asked concerned as to what action he would take.

  "Not really sure yet. I was thinking that maybe we'd run away to a place where we can be married." He looked out into the sunset.

  "But that would leave Vimore without a future king,"I exclaimed.

  "But there's still you sis, as long as there's royal blood Vimore will thrive on."

  "You know for a fact that father would never allow me to rise to power. As much as he loves Vimore and it's people, he'd never allow a woman to lead our kingdom. You saw how quick he was to scrap me out to some random man," as I said all that I took off my crown and just admired it. I designed it myself, it was one of the only decisions that fathers let me make.

  "No one ever said we were gonna have happily ever afters." We both laughed. "But I mean we didn't choose to be of royal blood. It just happened we just have to deal with it", and with that said Victor stood up, ruffled my hair and headed off somewhere. Most likely into the forest where he meets Ashley most evenings. As for myself I placed my crown upon my head and headed for the wyvern stables.

  It's very clear when you get in a certain radius of the stables, as it's smell is quiet the stench. I immediately recognized the dark pink and black barn with the lettering 'Veronica' above the door frame. I entered and I was tackled to the hay filled ground by my wyvern Veronica. She nuzzled into my face and I returned the friendly gesture.

  "Alright girl, off now," I politely said. She got off me and started rolling around in the hay that covered the floor. While I went and grabbed her saddle. I managed to put the saddle on her and climbed up on her. She walked us out of the barn and then she took flight.

After incidents that happened to past princesses, fathers rarely let me leave the castle grounds without my retainers and a few guards. But the palace staff let me out to ride Veronica often and don't tell my father. And of course he doesn't notice my disappearance he's to busy in his office or with Victor or my mother.

As we flew I relaxed and let Veronica pick our course. She knows where and where not to fly and she keeps my safety her top priority. The evening sky was a beautiful mix of colours, it looks more like a painting than the sky. 

I don't know how long we were flying for but it felt like forever when my feet last touched the ground. When Veronica finally landed and got back in her barn I fed her and made her comfy for the night. Then I decided that it was time for me too, to retire for the night.