Act 9 Scene 4

I woke up the next morning with Xander by my side. After we had fixed things between us, he stayed with me for the rest of the night. Which was good considering the nightmare I had. I pray that the events I've witnessed over the past while do not haunt me for the rest of my days.

When Xander and I joined everyone for breakfast I noticed that my mother was there, her grief had stained her face. How long would she be in this pain? I suppose she feels partially responsible for fathers death as he did exchange his life for hers.

What would things look like today if mother was the one who was dead? No, the thought is too dark. I'm very happy my mother is still here. But wouldn't having my father here too heal her pain?

Don't change the flow of time

I need to stop getting these urges to fix the past. What's done is done. I should focus on the present, and the future ahead of me.

There was an empty chair at the table after Xander and I took our places. And I realized the absence of my brother.

"Where's Victor?" I said to no one in particular, more to myself really. Victor has never been late to a meal, well he's just not late in general, very punctual.

"I believe he asked to take breakfast in his room this morning your highness," a server said to me as they poured me a glass of water. That was odd, Victor has never done anything like that before. Perhaps he's just very grief stricken right now.

Then his butler entered the dining hall.

"Princess Victoria, his highness has a message, he has asked that you make the public announcement today," what?

"Why can't he do it?" I asked.

"He believes you are more suited to tell the citizens what happened yesterday, as well as announcing the coronation tomorrow. He has also asked that you mention your engagement," it was very unlike Victor to give me his work. However Victor must have a good reason behind this. Just what is he planning?

With his message delivered the butler left, leaving me to finally enjoy my meal and begin forming a speech in my head.

After I finished and excused myself I headed to Victors room. As I neared the door I could hear giggling. Giggling? In a female voice? I knocked on the door.

"Victor it's Victoria is everything alright?" I was left with silence in the hall.

Then the door cracked open and there was Victor wearing pants and his shirt half done up and his hair in a mess.

"Morning Sis," he said casually.

"What's going on, you weren't at breakfast and you got a butler to deliver a message to me?" I tried to see into his room to find out who owned the feminine voice but Victor was blocking my view.

"Yeah I just you know, time to myself, get things in order for tomorrow." I eyed him suspiciously.

"And apparently you giggle in your alone time," his face revealed that I had indeed heard a voice that wan not his.

"It's alright Vic, she was bound to find out soon anyway," said the voice in the room, my eyes widened in shock, I recognized that voice.

"Ashley?" Victor swung the door open that there was Ashley in Victor's bed with the bedsheet hauled up to her neck.

"Yeah I told Ashely about what's going on and then, well,"

"I do not need any more details than that brother, I will um, see you later," and I hurried back down the hall, I heard Victor chuckle before shutting his door.