Act 7 Scene 3

I was sleeping peacefully until the bedroom door burst open and a panicked voice said.

"Sorry to intrude Lord Xander but Princess Victoria is missing!" It was Nefertari. I was still half asleep so I just lifted my head up and went 'hmm'. "Oh my, I see. Well forgive my interruption," and she left with a giant grin on her face.

I flopped my head back down on my pillow, except that it wasn't soft and squishy like a pillow. I opened my eyes again and my pillow was flesh coloured!

The events of last night came back to me and I even had to look at my hand to reassure myself that it was real.

Then I was engulfed again by Xander as his eyes flickered open as he looked at me and gave me a quick kiss.

"Did you sleep alright Victoria?"

"I did yes."

"What was that noise earlier?"

"When I left my room last night I didn't think I wouldn't be going back there and I had dismissed my retainers for the night. So when Nefertari went to my room to wake me she noticed of course that I was absent. She came to notify you I was missing and saw me here and left."

"I suppose we should be getting up, don't want to give others any ideas," I gave it a second to imagine theses 'ideas' and the thought made my face burn. Getting out of bed I slipped into my slippers and as I stood Xander came next to me with my robe held up and I slipped my arms in, tying it at the waist.

"Are you going to escort me to my room?" He certainly wouldn't leave his room in his underwear.

"It's only down the hall Victoria."

"I know the rules my father has for me are extremely stupid Xander but I am now your property -," I was about to continue on about the rules in Vimore but Xander cut me off.

"Don't call yourself that".

"Call myself what?"

"Someone's property. Your a human being Victoria, not an object. But for the sake of right now you no longer have to be escorted by a male unless you or myself say so," I smiled.

"Thank you Xander". And I left his room to go get ready for the morning.

Nefertari had a hundred questions wanted to know every detail. I told her what I wanted.

"I told you not to worry about it Victoria."

Exiting my room Xander was waiting for me.

"I thought I no longer had to be escorted?" I joked.

"I man can walk his fiancée to breakfast."

"I suppose he can." We discussed that we didn't want our engagement public yet. We had decided to only tell his family and retainers. Xander and I would publicly announce it when we felt like it.

Xander's siblings were all very happy for us. Elise gave me a giant hug saying that she would much rather have me as a sister instead of a stepmother...

We had an enjoyable breakfast and then after Xander officially started his king duties. Which mostly consists of paperwork and meetings.

I barely saw Xander all day.

When it came time to go to bed I made sure to tell my retainers that I would be sleeping in Xander's room and I had to stress that there was no 'funny business' happening.

Xander was at his desk in his room doing paperwork, I asked him to come to bed and he assured me he would soon.

I fell asleep before he came to bed.