Act 1 Scene 3

A few days later

  Victoria's POV

After breakfast I went back to my room to start packing. Nefertari and one of the best palace maids helped me pack everything, which was a lot. Most of it though was my gowns, especially the armoured ones. Then there's my tomes, hair accessories and pretty much everything else in my room that wasn't the furniture. My mother reassured me that I would have my own room in the Nohrian castle until the marriage. As well that my retainers and Veronica would be relocating with me to Nohr. Tonight father is announcing to the kingdom of my engagement and that we will be departing tomorrow and that they'll be back in a couple of days, without me.

It was late in the afternoon when Nefertari and Alexandros returned to my room. They had other duties to attend to after my room was pretty much cleaned out. All that was left besides the furniture was everything that I would need to get ready for my last public appearance in Vimore as a single princess.

  "Are you ready for me to start preparing you for the big night?" Nefertari said. I turned away from the window I was staring out of, let out a sigh and nodded. She went into my bathroom and started to run my bath.

  "You think the villagers will start throwing tomatoes at you all when your father announces your engagement?" Alexandros asked.

  "I doubt it, the kingdom loves my father. I don't think they'd attack him or my family." Then Nefertari came out of the bathroom. I didn't notice it until now, but Nefertari was wearing some normal clothes today, instead of her usual attire.

  "Anyway Princess I have to go help with making sure they have everything we all need. I'll see you at supper," Alexandros said excusing himself from my room. Then I joined Nefertari in the bathroom. I placed my crown on the counter then she took out everything that was holding my hair up. As much as I enjoy having my hair out of my face, I do enjoy it cascading down my back. She then proceeded to undo the back of my dress which when fell around my ankles then unting my corset. That thing was a pain to get on and pain to get out of. But at least now I could breath better. After taking off my underwear and boots I stepped into the warm water. Nefertari helped me wash my hair and my back as I cleaned the rest of myself. I stepped out of the tub and she wrapped a warm fluffy towel around my naked form.

  "You think your fiancé is gonna like that beautiful body of yours princess?" She joked. And I just blushed. That's when I thought that who ever I marry is gonna want an heir. I think Nefertari also just thought that because of the giant smirk on her face. Using a weak fire spell we quickly dried my hair and because this was a special occasion I got Nefertari to curl my hair instead of the usual bun. Then after my underwear, she helped me into my corset. Of course then putting on a nice gown before stepping into some heels then to top it off, placing my crown onto my face along with some light make up.  "You look gorgeous your highness," Nefertari complimented.

  "Thanks, but you should hurry and go get ready yourself, Victor should be along soon to escort me to the balcony where we'll be eating," after that she left and I was once again alone to my thoughts.

What would the Nohrians be like? Would they like me? Would they accept me into their family? How will my engagement affect the war that they are in? I took of my crown and placed it on my dresser. Would my new family make me change who I am? It's bad enough that I have to be all proper here, but how strict will the Nohrians be? Will I be able to fight in the war? And most importantly, who am I marrying? Then I heard a knock on my door.

"Enter," I sadly called with my back to the door as I found myself once again staring out the window. I heard footsteps come towards me before stopping, then I felt something being placed on my head.

  "You can't be princess Victoria of Vimore without this, right sis?" It was Victor. I quickly turned around a hugged him.

  "Oh Victor I don't know what to think of it all now that it's all going to be happening soon," he hugged me back, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

"You'll be alright sis, besides if you don't like your fiancé you know where to kick 'em," we both laughed as we separated from our embrace. "Now I believe I must escort you m'lady" he said while extending his arm from me to take. I accepted and we walked to the giant balcony overlooking the capital, Zeckensaw, named after the adventurer who found Vimore as well as my ancestor who was also the first King.

A long table was placed on the balcony for our family and my fathers close friends/business partners as well as two faces I've never seen before. The shorter man had grey hair swept across his face and the other looked like a sorcerer but he gave off a strange feeling. Below in town, extremely long tables had been set up for the townsfolk and others so that any one in Vimore can come listen to my fathers announcement and have some of the palace food. As we walked to our chairs a large applause could be heard as we made our way and sat down. Before the food was brought out my father stood up and walked towards the edge of the balcony, over looking the crowd.

"Attention citizens of Vimore, I have a great announcement to make!" The clapping and cheering slowly died down as my father spoke. "My daughter Victoria is engaged!" Once again with the cheering. "She will be marring a Nohrian Royal next month. But tomorrow me and my family will be departing to Nohr for a couple of days, then we will return without Victoria until the wedding. Which of course my family will be attending. So to celebrate this joyous announcement, let us feast!" With another wave of applause and cheering my father sat down and the food was brought out.

After the meal and dessert, my fathers special guests (higher classes, business partners, the two people I don't know) all were invited to the ballroom for snacks, drinks and to mingle and dance. I mostly followed my mother around as I usually do. Greeting and curtsying to guest, until we found my father with the two men I didn't recognize.

"Ah, sweetheart, and Victoria allow me to introduce these two to you. This is Iago and Laslow from Nohr." My father said while taking my mothers arm and leaving me with the strangers.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness, I'm Iago I come representing king Garon. I'm sure your ecstatic about your engagement." He had a smooth voice but I still think that there's something he's not telling anyone. But still he bowed and I curtseyed. Then the grey haired man spoke.

"I'm Laslow your beautifulness," he said will taking my hand and gently pressing a kiss to it. I raised my other hand to my mouth as I gave  a slight laugh and a little blush at his complement. "I'm representing the other Nohrian royals as I'm sure they can't wait to meet you." He speaks with a slight flirty tone.

"I take it your both sailing with us tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yes, King Garon requested that I, and a well trained retainer travel to Vimore and travel with you to make sure nothing happens. Seeing how Nohr is at war with its neighbour," Iago said, great I'll have to deal with him for longer than intended. I said my goodbyes and I went to find my mother.

After the gathering I immediately went to bed, anxious for the sun to rise again.